BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
mid atlantic leaf thread

nj2va

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or do other peolpe think this fall was pretty lame for color? I think it was one of the worst in my neighborhood since I moved here in 03.

It has been bad around here also. 30% lost their leaves early, 40% dead/dry looking leaves, 20% green, and 10% colorful. I haven't taken one "good" leaf photo yet this season.

Is it just me or do other peolpe think this fall was pretty lame for color? I think it was one of the worst in my neighborhood since I moved here in 03.

It's been pretty bad this year. The dry summer followed by the dank september didn't help things, I think thats one of the main culprits to the lackluster colors. Hopefully we make that up with more white stuff this winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Since winter weather is still pretty far on the horizon and I'm a bit bored, I figured I'd post a few pics in the leaf thread. Blackberry cameras suck but after looking at these pics I kinda liked the "soft focus" look. The bright yellow was taken this morning (stubborn tree!) and the reds were taken a couple weeks ago. It was an overall unimpressive fall but a couple of trees in my neighborhood looked really good.

Archived