Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

78hrs: Elongated 1008MB low from S. Michigan down into AL/MS. Looks like the surface reflection would probably be int he SW. Michigan/N. Indiana area.

Snow from C. Wisconsin up into Northern Lower Michigan.

84hrs: Elongated 1004MB low from SE. Michigan down into GA. Surface reflection likely in NW. Ohio.

Nice hit for C. Michigan.

84hrs: Elongated 1004MB low from SE. Michigan down into GA. Surface reflection likely in NW. Ohio.

Nice hit for C. Michigan.

90hrs: Elongated 1000MB low from Lake Erie down into the Carolinas.

Best precip over Lake Huron.

96hrs: Elongated 996Mb low from S. NY down intot he Carolinas.

Decent hit for Toronto.

I's say no panic-casting for another 24hrs though... remember sampling on all these runs is still poor. But not looking the best based on Euro if you're not in WI, IA, or MN...

the EE rule in effect... it's over.... i swear as soon as I graduate I'm leaving southern Illinois! course watch then we'll actually get snow storms before February then...

Wow. It's crazy to have so many wildly different scenarios when we're down to about 60hrs out. That's about as much model disagreement you can have at this time range. If I was writing an AFD I wouldn't even know where to begin. The NAM just has a more realistic look to it compared to all the other 00z runs. I know, it's hard to believe the NAM would at this range, but that's just my opinion. Hopefully by this time tomorrow night there's much better consensus.

Decent hit for Toronto.

102hrs: Sub 988MB SLP in the Mid-Atl.

Still some wrap around for Toronto.

Edit: Continues through 108hrs.

Decent hit for Toronto.

Thanks for that reassurance.

Track seems to be similar to 12z, just faster and weaker. Haven't really had any model demonstrate an extreme NW track yet.

Great, well it's clearly choking on the southern low, and allowing the northern weak energy to prevail. This thing can't get inland fast enough.

lol at this rate it'll vanish into nothing, but a fropa, great another week of highs in the 20's and ground as bare as a baby's rear... Only for it to warm up in time for it to rain!

Hopefully the new Euro ensembles slap some sense into the op run. That's just too bizarre of a change to buy. I know I sound like a broken record, but with a jet structure like that I can't not see something big blowing up in the middle and eastern part of the country. Not this faggy strung out surface reflection. Time will tell!:snowman:

Edit: Wow, I need to proofread before I post.

You average 12" of snow...what do you expect?

ohh it's not that, it's the it shows something for what a good week, then at the LAST minute it decides, oh no snow for you.... Plus the fact that being 20-25 for the high and no snow on the ground makes this guy a little cranky.... plus the stress of finals too...

and I still feel that 12" number is rigged somehow or something.... I mean you don't go from 12" here to 20" in Charleston for an average and it be right...

Cyclone, I hate being an IMBY type forecaster on a storm like this especially but I think if we go with some type of compromise between the models we are sitting pretty. I think someone near or just NW of us is going to be getting some really decent snows out of this. But I'm not really ready to start pinpointing a specific area because there is still to much uncertainty... but someone from DVN's CWA up into LSE/Wrn MKE/into MSP/GRB and points Eastward into Central Lower Michigan will make out well I think. Moisture availability, mid level circulations, cold air leading to some decent ratio's, forcing, etc... all spells some 8"+ amounts to be sure.

Archived