Newest Member
    Monty
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM didn't get the memo. Has a 1006 elongated over W TN at 72

A lot of the GFS Ensembles must not have got it either as they are farther south as well, by looking at the mean.

Wasn't as surprised with the GEFS lagging behind the OP run as its their bias. GGEM looks like it'll be SE of its 12z run, which is a bit surprising.

UKIE/GFS/NAM/GFS Ens. vs GEM now pretty much.

At least the UKIE/NAM/GFS/GFS Ens. have the low near the same general area (ILL or IND.)

Let's see what the EURO shows in an hour.

at this point is is clear by the Gem that the the surface low means little unless a strong cyclone wraps up. The gem may as well be in Michigan with how far the UL are displaced from the surface feature.

My thoughts exactly. Just when it looks like things are congealing into a reasonable consensus the wrench is thrown. GFS was garbage though - maybe the advection will line up better in subsequent runs, but in current form - LOL.

Most post was more of a sarcastic response, but yea.

Looking at precip fields, it seems the SLP track should be similar to the NAM/Euro/GFS, not as far south as shown. I haven't looked at the upper levels, so take that FWIW...

By the way, nice to see you here.

Most post was more of a sarcastic response, but yea.

Looking at precip fields, it seems the SLP track should be similar to the NAM/Euro/GFS, not as far south as shown. I haven't looked at the upper levels, so take that FWIW...

By the way, nice to see you here.

It is an inverted trough like the JMA.

So far the NAM is the most plausible solution which is very very good for you.

Archived