Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as i said if i lose the ukie, it's the nail in the coffin.

At least I won't be tempted to stay up for the euro and can finally get some work done tomorrow....

plus,

the one concillation will be reading the spin cycles at accublunder tomorrow...should be good stuff :pepsi:

:lmao: Unbelievable! Looks to be a bust for everyone from Ohio to Toronto to Ottawa. We may get a bit of moderate snow at the start, then that's it. Hardly a road clogging storm. You know what this reminds me of? The February 2009 "storm" that models were originally depicting to be the blizzard of the winter, but which fizzled into nothing. :axe: JB and Margusity will be in defense mode come tomorrow.

I have a theory on this, I call it the media attention rule. As soon as the news media catches on to HEY something is coming, the models go uh-huh not so fast..... Look at the models till today, showed it being a nice storm closeby, then all of a sudden the news media pays attention, then sharp left turn signal, and when something doesn't get hyped (example the clipper last weekend) it overproduces, at least in spots...

Good luck to those staying up to see if the Euro holds serve. I've already stayed up too long, and have to be to work in a few hours. :thumbsdown:

The red flags are there on the 00z op and the 12z ensembles, so I'll be very curious to see what I wake up to.

I'm guessing you'll be waking up to phone calls and demands... Have Fun!

:lmao: Unbelievable! Looks to be a bust for everyone from Ohio to Toronto to Ottawa. We may get a bit of moderate snow at the start, then that's it. Hardly a road clogging storm. You know what this reminds me of? The February 2009 "storm" that models were originally depicting to be the blizzard of the winter, but which fizzled into nothing. :axe: JB and Margusity will be in defense mode come tomorrow.

To be fair, wasn't JB farther north? I thought I remember seeing something about him focusing on Chicago to Buffalo.

Don't jump off the ledge yet. NAM and SREFS looked pretty good. The 12z GGEM/EURO were also decent hits. It's only the GFS that's been struggling with this anemic looking storm, whether it be tracking it through the Tenn. Valley, or through the Lakes now.

Omg can we please never talk about February 09 again. :arrowhead::gun_bandana:

no reason to call it a bust at this time.

If this storm doesn't come to fruition, the curse of Feb 09 will still be intact.

yeah, lol, havent really had a trackable storm since. just these wierd retrograde storms.

it is a curse.

but its also why i dont consider a storm to be in existence until its on all the models less than 100 hours out.

feb 09 was a good lesson for me and ill never forget it.

JB UPDATE:

WEDNESDAY 10 PM

EURO IS MY HERO ON THE COMING STORM.

The Euro further north and stronger solution is in line with the thinking I have on this. The implications are for a paralyzing blizzard in the I-80 corridor from Nebraska to the lower lakes

Seriously? Not going to say anything..........

Not for Southeastern Wisconsin:) That said, there's no way this doesn't shift several more times.

I would be more inclined to agree with the shift if the thermal field agreed with what the model output. However if anything it is likely shifting that way, but currently - that makes no sense from a meteorological stand point. According to this run, there will be snow along the cold front all the way down to the Ohio River with a mix sleet/freezing rain in Western Kentucky, then changing over to all snow after FROPA.

Humph, I guess it's time to throw this one back on the shelf. Once a North trend starts, it's hard to stop it.

Would contemplate going home if it a) weren't for finals and b ) this is the final solution. However, I can't imagine the models will keep this same solution for a few days, given the volatility in the past few days.

Still a lot of winter left...

Plus, in climatology terms..we've been treated quite well. Already banked a significant snow.

Archived