• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

Obviously still a little early but I can see lakeside areas staying warmer a bit longer with significant qpf/snow until the winds turn offshore. With wet snow and winds cranking up, that could get interesting.

That lake can really mess things up for snow chances. I have had the wind turn off shore during the octobomb and I had only a little mixing with no accumulations. People away from the lake usually get the best snows! But this is a completely different storm so who really knows I guess.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this feeling that this storm is going to end up tracking even farther north than what is depicted right now. We have seen this how many times over the last several years? This type of setup almost always ends up with a strong NW trend on the models.

It truly wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being a NW MO/CEN IA/WRN WI special that jet energy is going to cause explosive/rapid deepening for a period of time at least which will pull this West but who knows.... I won't really trust a model with confidence until Friday most likely.

as i said if i lose the ukie, it's the nail in the coffin.

At least I won't be tempted to stay up for the euro and can finally get some work done tomorrow....

plus,

the one concillation will be reading the spin cycles at accublunder tomorrow...should be good stuff :pepsi:

It's going to be a rainy weekend they'll say..:whistle:

Archived