Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unreal....nice rainstorm for most of IL IN OH......by the time the heights crash i would bet the dryslot from hell comes in from the sw

Lock it in. Climo rules. I would expect something similar to mid-December 2007, only in reverse. So basically a rainstorm that ends in some snow. Or a dryslot that ends in snow showers.

Lock it in. Climo rules. I would expect something similar to mid-December 2007, only in reverse. So basically a rainstorm that ends in some snow. Or a dryslot that ends in snow showers.

it's not exactly a powerhouse, i wonder what effects (assuming the nam is correct), it has for down the road and the cold shot

loving the 0z NAM, wicked defo band there at hr 84, i'd be very happy with this solution. :thumbsup::weenie:

It's got sweet home Chicago written all over it, too bad we're not 12 hours away from the event. I've got a feeling Wisconsin gets nice and white with this one - maybe we'll squeeze something out of it as it pulls away.

Looking at the 700 and 850 lows, nice hit for E IA, N IL, N IN, S WI, and eventually MI on the NAM. You can kind of see how this thing can explode and turn north quick, heck the NAM is fairly tame at 1000mb at 84 hours. Alas, it's the NAM at 84 hours...but does the EE rule still apply? ;)

It's got sweet home Chicago written all over it, too bad we're not 12 hours away from the event. I've got a feeling Wisconsin gets nice and white with this one - maybe we'll squeeze something out of it as it pulls away.

I'm having a hard time worrying about rain when so many solutions are still a good ways south and a bunch of NWS offices aren't buying such a northwest track. I think we're set up pretty good, that and there is a ton of cold air ripping down the backside, a rain to decent accums scenario is certainly possible.

I'm basically throwing in the towel. Good luck to whoever gets it. Hopefully we can manage an inch of LES down this way over the weekend. Not going to bother with this anymore.

until the gfs shows an app runner in an hour :lol:

it's one model run....it's the longrange nam....cmon give it another 24 at least

besides, and most importantly, henry margusity has us in his Big Daddy circle!!!

Thicknesses crash hard at ORD, probably a quick start of rain transitioning to heavy wet snow. NAM likes temps above freezing, but again we're talking 72+ hour NAM. Fun to look at though. :)

given that cold air that will be coming in, i think the idea of rain quickly chaning to heavy wet snow is legit.

until the gfs shows an app runner in an hour :lol:

it's one model run....it's the longrange nam....cmon give it another 24 at least

besides, and most importantly, henry margusity has us in his Big Daddy circle!!!

I'll check back tomorrow or Friday, but I've put too much time into this anyway, and I didn't even believe we'd get the storm to begin with :arrowhead:

meh, if we lose the ukie and the ggem holds or goes further north and the gfs heads north....i might consider throwing in the towel tonite too. Losing the ukie to a nw shift would pretty much be the nail.

Ya I said it in the other thread. Im not concerned with the nam this far out, but if the other models start going north, Im done with this one, and on to the next.

Archived