Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

I'd like to see the person who is stuck -

I'm guessing it's either an idiot guy with a truck who though it'd be fine...or some clueless woman who absolutely HAD to go that way.

Or a late 60s couple who drove into a flooded road on Burns Crossing Rd around 2:00AM this morning and the police used ropes to rescue them. The officers and the couple almost drowned.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or a late 60s couple who drove into a flooded road on Burns Crossing Rd around 2:00AM this morning and the police used ropes to rescue them. The officers and the couple almost drowned.

You would think older would mean more wisdom. I commend those officers who risked their lives.

unreal stories just 15 miles to my South. Steady and slow up is the story with this storm. up to 5.1" total in Ballenger Creek since Sunday with 1.45" since 8 AM this morning; 2.85 in the last 24 hours. My lawn has water sitting on top...I can't image what MoCo looks like especially the rush hour traffic!!

Yep my husband left Rockville and it took him 1 hr. 15 min. actually not bad with this rain. But told him that he left when 270 was easy to see on the map. It is a red blob now. My rain gauge is right at 5"

Yep my husband left Rockville and it took him 1 hr. 15 min. actually not bad with this rain. But told him that he left when 270 was easy to see on the map. It is a red blob now. My rain gauge is right at 5"

looks like we'll be in and out of the light rain a brief moderate burst or even stop so thankfully we won't have to deal with mass flooding. Imagine Frederick with these rates since they flood so easily. I'm also surprised we haven't heard of sinkholes up this way with 6+ inches from Irene/Lee coming after the earthquake.

0625 PM     FLASH FLOOD      2 WSW DAMASCUS          39.27N  77.23W
09/08/2011                   MONTGOMERY         MD   CO-OP OBSERVER  

BRIDGE IS 2 FT UNDER WATER AT KINGS VALLEY ROAD 

0630 PM     FLASH FLOOD      1 SSE LINCOLNIA         38.81N  77.15W
09/08/2011                   FAIRFAX            VA   TRAINED SPOTTER 

CAR IS STUCK AT ETHEL ROAD AND TURKEY COC RUN STREAM

ok...been out and about in my neighborhood taking pictures of small creeks that are currently raging rivers. I live in Fox Mill section of Western Fairfax between Herndon and Reston near ThreeRedHeads.

This links should allow you to see my pictures from Facebook:

http://www.facebook....5bbf7b7c&type=1

woah, weird, I grew up in fox mill estates. Not sure I remember a rain like this, other than June 2006 of course

crud that blows, cracked foundation?

It seems to be seeping in from the wall, on the backside of the house. Just started pouring again.

0625 PM 	FLASH FLOOD      2 WSW DAMASCUS          39.27N  77.23W
09/08/2011       			MONTGOMERY 		MD   CO-OP OBSERVER  

BRIDGE IS 2 FT UNDER WATER AT KINGS VALLEY ROAD 

0630 PM 	FLASH FLOOD      1 SSE LINCOLNIA 		38.81N  77.15W
09/08/2011       			FAIRFAX            VA   TRAINED SPOTTER 

CAR IS STUCK AT ETHEL ROAD AND [b]TURKEY COC[/b] RUN STREAM

I giggled when I saw the name of the stream.

Archived