Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is surprising, but when the line finally approached Frederick, it fizzled. Been cloudy here for over an hour.

However, while the "severe weather" dome still exists, the rain dome is broken. 1.3" since 8 AM for a storm total of 4.95". I would think 5" should be a lock...this was long overdue for this area!

I don't think my kids are happy at the moment:

Dear Crossfield Community,

At this time I have a report from transportation that both sides of Fox Mill are flooded and that buses can not drive through the high water. Parents may choose to pick up ther child by coming to the front office to have them dismissed. If you would like to give permission for a neighbor to pick up your child(ren) please call the front office. The front office will need the full names of your child(ren) and the full name of who you are giving permission to pick up your children. This person will need to report to the front office to collect your children. If any of the above information changes I will try and notify the community.

Please know that we will be open until every child is transported home.

Thank you

Mrs. Haydon

I don't think my kids are happy at the moment:

Dear Crossfield Community,

At this time I have a report from transportation that both sides of Fox Mill are flooded and that buses can not drive through the high water. Parents may choose to pick up ther child by coming to the front office to have them dismissed. If you would like to give permission for a neighbor to pick up your child(ren) please call the front office. The front office will need the full names of your child(ren) and the full name of who you are giving permission to pick up your children. This person will need to report to the front office to collect your children. If any of the above information changes I will try and notify the community.

Please know that we will be open until every child is transported home.

Thank you

Mrs. Haydon

Yeah, that part of Fox Mill Rd. has gotta be a complete mess right now. I've seen it flood before from much less amounts of rain

Pouring again, looks like a nasty slug of moisture on the way for those inside the beltway And alojng I95 after a reprieve.

Yeah, and that slug looks like it might go NNW and pound Montgomery in a whille...I'm getting ready to leave DC on the MARC train - I hope we don't shut down like the Penn Line did last night after he PG and Howard rains. This rain is unreal. I wish we could package it up and give it to Texas.

Yeah, and that slug looks like it might go NNW and pound Montgomery in a whille...I'm getting ready to leave DC on the MARC train - I hope we don't shut down like the Penn Line did last night after he PG and Howard rains. This rain is unreal. I wish we could package it up and give it to Texas.

No doubt about it, the band doesn't look like it'll move much either, good luck with your commute man.

I can't recall ever getting this much rain, following the Glen Echo station/obs from the NWS observer had 5.7" at 7AM, and we've all had quite a bit since then.

Archived