Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

both of those bigger cells to the w of dc have put down 3"+ in an hour in spots according to radar. about as intense activity as we've had all week.

A couple of the PWSs in Great Falls are nutty. 5.23" since 2pm on one of them. 3.72" on another - mostly within the last hour, and with an instantaneous rate of over 7"/hr.

both of those bigger cells to the w of dc have put down 3"+ in an hour in spots according to radar. about as intense activity as we've had all week.

Moved my rain gauge to the middle of the yard and emptied it at 2:45. Just checked it and in an hour, it registered 2.3" of rain.

Lots of thunder and it's still pouring outside.

I hope that stuff to the south gets us some training action. I don't know what I'll do if we get fringed again.

it could a bit tho im not sure if we're too far east of the front in dc now to stay in the best. seems like the heaviest sets up right on top of it or right to the right of it. activity se so far not as intense.

... Montgomery County...

2 W Garrett Park 8.50 846

am 9/08 public

1 se Glen Echo 5.70 725 am 9/08 NWS employee

Clarksburg 5.40 930 am 9/08 broadcast media

Wow my station didn't have nearly as much at 7AM though it is close to a few large trees. Heavier rains fell midday so if the NWS employee is correct many areas are probably over 6" to the W & NW of DC

Archived