Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS sounds like bullseye shifts West into Hagerstown, Martinsburg, Frederick, and Fairfax although not a repeat of the totals from yesterday. Based on radar trends, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

A PRES TROF FM KATIA WL STRETCH WWD TWD THE UPR LOW. THIS COMBO WL CHG ORIENTATION OF BAND FM N-S TO SE-NW. THAT/LL PUSH BULLSEYE WWD INTO N-CENTRL MD/ERN WVA...AND ALSO ALLW FOR A BREATHER FOR SRN MD/NRN NECK. PWAT VALUES WL DECREASE TO -ONLY- 1.5-2.0 INCHES...SO PCPN RATES WONT BE QUITE AS EFFICIENT. BUT...THERE/S STILL A CNVCTV ELEMENT...AS INSTBY WL RESIDE IN INVERTED TROF TWD UPR LOW. WL BE KEEPING POPS AS DEF EZF-HGR EWD TO METRO BALT TAFTN

Closing in on 8" storm total at the nearby personal wx station. 6"+ of which is since yesterday.

Earthquake, hurricane, flood...blizzard? :snowman:

yes please! might as well.

- lots of flooding in Cockeysville this morning, accident on 83 completely screwing up my morning commute. Doesn't look to stop anytime soon.

Eastern areas have been the bullseye for the last couple of weeks.

From Irene forward through yesterday

IAD: 5.76"

My backyard: 6.18"

DCA: 9.07"

BWI: 11.53"

Very impressive for 95 and east. I believe Baltimore had another 6"+ event before Irene too if I remember correctly. My Irene + Lee total is currently 4.55" in Frederick. Shows the sharp cutoff as I'm only 50 miles from Baltimore.

Archived