• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

Yeah, as long as the band moves due North, we'll be on the western fringe. It's a very interesting pattern. If we can one or two more of these waves tonight and tomorrow, I believe we'll approach 5". Then I'll gripe about all the mowing next week! :)

Your lawn will turn to mud! lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a pretty insane event. I don't recall incessant training like this before, especially during two distinct times in less than 24 hours.

It's been pouring for the last 30 minutes or so, with constant lighter rains prior. I haven't been measuring, so I have no idea how much rain we've had. All I know is that I'm glad we live on an incline about 15-20' above the lowest section of our neighborhood, which just happens to have a creek running next to it.

It seems like Baltimore City and County have been getting pounded non-stop for weeks with flash flooding. They had several thunderstorms in August basically stall out over top of them. .. Looks like they cashed in up there as well today... Look at this.

5.79 so far for the event. Not as much as 5 miles to my east that had 7-8 inches, but still appreciable. Was in Jessup earlier this afternoon. Incredible flooding. I have pics but no time as of yet to downsize. East of DCA looks to jackpot. So much for those maps early yesterday (which were nice).

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1147 PM EDT WED SEP 7 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

NORTHWESTERN CALVERT COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 1215 AM EDT

* AT 1146 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR DUNKIRK...

OR 6 MILES WEST OF CHESAPEAKE BEACH...MOVING NORTH AT 30 MPH.

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1215 AM EDT FOR CALVERTAND ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTIES...AT 1150 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TOINDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THISTORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR DUNKIRK...OR NEAR CHESAPEAKE BEACH...MOVINGNORTH AT 25 MPH.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... TRACYS LANDING... DEALE... CHURCHTON... LOTHIAN... SHADY SIDE... WEST RIVER... RHODE RIVER... GALESVILLE...

Archived