Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on schedule Blizz.

Thursday: A chance of showers, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

Friday Night: Patchy frost after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 34.

Saturday: Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 58.

62/61, a high of 73 (70 @ 2k), still no sign of the sizzling September, in fact it looks like temps continue to slip. The torch forecasts are looking about as clutch as T.Romo.

What a game for the BIlls Pete! Congrats brother.

So through yesterday and dailies so far for 9/12.........................just facts

BDR +2.2 +6 today

BOS -0.5 +6 today high of 82

ORH +0.9 +3 today, by the way normal high at ORH is 71 so obviously your high at home of 73 was well above normal

BDL +2.0 +7 today high of 82

So outside of Boston, the above normal regime continues, is it a crazy torch, nope, just another month of above normal tems (so far), with an obvious cool down later in the week, still some question how the end of the month plays out, I would lean warm, but leave that up to the pro's./

Hows the baby doing, getting any sleep?

So through yesterday and dailies so far for 9/12.........................just facts

BDR +2.2 +6 today

ORH +0.9 +3 today, by the way normal high at ORH is 71 so obviously your high at home of 73 was well above normal

So outside of Boston, the above normal regime continues, is it a crazy torch, nope, just another month of above normal tems (so far), with an obvious cool down later in the week, still some question how the end of the month plays out, I would lean warm, but leave that up to the pro's./

Wow...did not realize Boston was that low. East breezes ftw

We really have not had and prolonged cold snaps... Can't wait for the rubber band to go back.

Things back to normal down there?

Slowly but surely. Maybe 2 weeks before it really gets going...interested to see how this wet manky weather affects them. I think it helps

I think a wet spring into early summer helps, but I think this time of year you want it to actually dry out, have warm sunny days and crisp nights. I think Will would know.

BDR +2.2 +6 today

Baby is great but the nightly feedings wake me up and I find it impossible to go back to sleep, therefore it has been a trying time but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The Bills looked solid on both sides of the ball. My cousins are already planning a SB party.lol

Take a look at these for the 24 hours during Diane.

1955streamline.png

I do wonder even with the heavy flood controls if the excessive urbanization in the last 55 years along many of those rivers will exacerbate the flood threat. Hard to see a repeat of those river levels but, for example, on the Naugatuck River, since the 7 dams were put in 50 years ago the river has been above flood stage 6 times. 4 of those have been in the last 6 years with the most recent in 2011 being the first "major" flood since the dams have been built.

Take a look at these for the 24 hours during Diane.

1955streamline.png

I do wonder even with the heavy flood controls if the excessive urbanization in the last 55 years along many of those rivers will exacerbate the flood threat. Hard to see a repeat of those river levels but, for example, on the Naugatuck River, since the 7 dams were put in 50 years ago the river has been above flood stage 6 times. 4 of those have been in the last 6 years with the most recent in 2011 being the first "major" flood since the dams have been built.

There are awesome vids on the net, the PBS special is cool too. Yea asphalt and concrete are a huge problem.

There are awesome vids on the net, the PBS special is cool too. Yea asphalt and concrete are a huge problem.

Yeah our "natural" flood control is going away the more we build. One of the reasons we're seeing bigger floods and higher crests.

I have an hour of video from a special channel 30 aired in late August 1955. Just have it dubbed to DVD... have to rip it onto my computer and then will put on YouTube. Almost all of the PBS video is from our special.

Yeah our "natural" flood control is going away the more we build. One of the reasons we're seeing bigger floods and higher crests.

I have an hour of video from a special channel 30 aired in late August 1955. Just have it dubbed to DVD... have to rip it onto my computer and then will put on YouTube. Almost all of the PBS video is from our special.

That will be sweet, let us know. We got a huge break with the week of perfect weather after Irene and Lee just to our west, capped off with Katia's recurve. I can picture in my mind how a stronger further west UL slung up Lees remnants then captured Katia, not met impossible, improbable yes but IMHO we got a huge break.

Archived