Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little moderation of that cool shot this weekend on the GFS. No more 540s to ACK..lol, although I think we mentioned that's tough to do this time of year. Still should be a nice cool shot.

The trough might stall or broaden out which would perhaps prolong a modified cool spell into early next week. All depends on if that trough stalls and a low forms.

A little moderation of that cool shot this weekend on the GFS. No more 540s to ACK..lol, although I think we mentioned that's tough to do this time of year. Still should be a nice cool shot.

The trough might stall or broaden out which would perhaps prolong a modified cool spell into early next week. All depends on if that trough stalls and a low forms.

We just need to do anything in our power to not have MRG have a frost or more specifically a temp of 32 or below..a 34 degree frost doesn't count

We just need to do anything in our power to not have MRG have a frost or more specifically a temp of 32 or below..a 34 degree frost doesn't count

I think he will get to 32. Fairly certain on that. He normally seems to get them around that time of year anyways. I could be wrong, but Friday night and Saturday night look like ideal radiational cooling nights. In fact..I could see some cold spots near here get into the mid 30s perhaps.

I think he will get to 32. Fairly certain on that. He normally seems to get them around that time of year anyways. I could be wrong, but Friday night and Saturday night look like ideal radiational cooling nights. In fact..I could see some cold spots near here get into the mid 30s perhaps.

His avg date of the first frost is Sept. 17th. :arrowhead:

Let's do whatever we have to to make that not happen

Only places like Pete's could get a killing frost probably.

I could envision a light frost here, but not enough to kill any plant life probably. I have never seen frost here before the last 10 days of September - but I only go back to 2003 in terms of following this area.

I only want a frost to kill the ragweed..otherwise I really don't care much because I'm more of a snow person. The wx can be mild and pleasant through October....

Only places like Pete's could get a killing frost probably.

I could envision a light frost here, but not enough to kill any plant life probably. I have never seen frost here before the last 10 days of September - but I only go back to 2003 in terms of following this area.

I only want a frost to kill the ragweed..otherwise I really don't care much because I'm more of a snow person. The wx can be mild and pleasant through October....

I want it to kill every last bug.

73.5/61

I noticed NWS here already backing off the cool shot, now have highs around 70 sat and sunday. I wonder what the ground truth will be with sun and a downsloping wind here, I think in the end mid 70s down here. Higher terrain looks chilly!

Euro took that storm it had at 00z and wrapped it into the elbow of the Cape. Might be a little too wrapped up, but the hints are there. Some of the GFS members hint at it too.

Saw that at the end of the run on the euro, Hopefully its to amped and it ends up east or showers, We certainly dont need a couple more inches of rain up here at this point..

Archived