Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

In your area...

Typical fall weather, warm and cool, warm and cool, but the warm is winning as it has all spring and summer long.

71 yesterday and 69 today around here - with an airmass that isn't very cool. The warm spells will struggle to get to 75 around here now.

80 is done...unless something really anomalous develops.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your area...

71 yesterday and 69 today around here - with an airmass that isn't very cool. The warm spells will struggle to get to 75 around here now.

80 is done...unless something really anomalous develops.

Rich, this is a sne thread, and 75 for you is well above normal, not really sure what you are saying here buddy.:thumbsup:

I bet you've got a ton of them along GRR there. You might not see them, but you'll certianly find their tracks. One of my favorite things to do is to take a walk in the woods out back (or when I'm hiking) and set off to find the tracks and traces of the various animals that have been around. Typically, it's the trails left by deer/coyote and ton of smaller critters like raccoons, foxes, etc. Bear pretty frequently and occassionally the moose. Really wish I could spy an actual moose, but so far just their scat by the beaver pond (did that in Maine, but not here).

60.9/56

I've seen moose in my town twice

How close are you to Northfield Mountain?

I've seen moose in my town twice

How close are you to Northfield Mountain?

I'm closer than Mike. Northfiel Mtn is about 15 miles NE of here as the crow flies. Interesting area, nice trails and that turbine reservoir at the top is quite impressive. I snuck up there when it was closed for draining and nearly empty and it looks like a UFO landing base. lol

Yeah, this thing did not look like it was hurting for food.

I can't believe Pete sees them with some frequency. Pretty skittish from what i understand but still would keep my distance.

GRR is still washed out and will probably be closed for a while along the 10 mile dirt stretch.

There are some fields that I drive through in Peru everyday. At dawn I will often see them on the move. I've lost several cats to either BC or coyote. Not sure which as I've seen both in the yard. I thought maybe MPM got a picture of one a few years ago?

Peak color in the Franconia Notch area in about 2wks! loved driving through the Notch! glad they got the Kanc all patched up and ready to go!

today was a wonderful day! i foget the sun is still strong enough for sunburns...was out watching my niece's and nephew's soccer and flag football games yesterday, one side of my face is pretty crispy...

i feel like i need to get in a camping trip one of these upcoming weekends...love the crisp cool nights...perfect for stargazing!

i've started knitting winter hat and scarves, again...a sure sign the seasons are a changin!

There are some fields that I drive through in Peru everyday. At dawn I will often see them on the move. I've lost several cats to either BC or coyote. Not sure which as I've seen both in the yard. I thought maybe MPM got a picture of one a few years ago?

Fishers take a lot around here...

Snow watches start in a month or so...

Peak color in the Franconia Notch area in about 2wks! loved driving through the Notch! glad they got the Kanc all patched up and ready to go!

today was a wonderful day! i foget the sun is still strong enough for sunburns...was out watching my niece's and nephew's soccer and flag football games yesterday, one side of my face is pretty crispy...

i feel like i need to get in a camping trip one of these upcoming weekends...love the crisp cool nights...perfect for stargazing!

i've started knitting winter hat and scarves, again...a sure sign the seasons are a changin!

Missed you at the GTG. Turtle gave a sweet presentation. Eye opening

I'm closer than Mike. Northfiel Mtn is about 15 miles NE of here as the crow flies. Interesting area, nice trails and that turbine reservoir at the top is quite impressive. I snuck up there when it was closed for draining and nearly empty and it looks like a UFO landing base. lol

shhhhhhh.... Secret Society

It's the only run doing this, but last night's Euro closes off the trough and rots the weak ULL near us into the middle of next week...just in time for the next longwave trough to move in a couple days later. I'm guessing some of the ens show it as well as the mean heights keep a persistent weak s/w trough over us. That would be a good way to avoid any major warmup in the 2nd half of Sep.

It's the only run doing this, but last night's Euro closes off the trough and rots the weak ULL near us into the middle of next week...just in time for the next longwave trough to move in a couple days later. I'm guessing some of the ens show it as well as the mean heights keep a persistent weak s/w trough over us. That would be a good way to avoid any major warmup in the 2nd half of Sep.

Yeah the ensembles hint at this too and also develop an inverted trough that retrogrades west in about 10 days.

Heavy heavy AWT

Archived