• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

76.0F for a high here... the air is a decent dry mass at least with dews in the lower 50s

73/54 here attm

ORH is down to +0.5F for the month through yesterday, but it will bumpity a bit after today. Can't wait for the GTG, although I wish Tootalage and MRG and Scooter and others were going.

Can't wait for a cold snap next week...

Can't wait for the first Pats win Monday night

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76.0F for a high here... the air is a decent dry mass at least with dews in the lower 50s

73/54 here attm

ORH is down to +0.5F for the month through yesterday, but it will bumpity a bit after today. Can't wait for the GTG, although I wish Tootalage and MRG and Scooter and others were going.

They'll be some more. ORH is a good central location.

73/54 here attm

Had the same high here--76.0 wiht higher dews. Now, not dropping off like you.

75.2/59

73/54 here attm

Its going to be nice when we can finally start talking about negative departures, seems like its been above since March,except for June. Hoping for the chill to come in mid to late November just in time for the holidays when its supposed to be cold.

Something else I was just thinking about, remember when we transition into Autumn then again into Winter, things always seem to get delayed, chill downs especially, seems like every fall this is discussed at length, so I take any MAJOR cooldowns with a grain of salt into mid December, after all it was supposed to be pretty chilly today and this weekend on some models, high of at least 85 here.

I would love next weekend to be 60s/40s that would be just about perfect, ease into Autumn, long long long long ways to go.

Its going to be nice when we can finally start talking about negative departures, seems like its been above since March,except for June. Hoping for the chill to come in mid to late November just in time for the holidays when its supposed to be cold.

Something else I was just thinking about, remember when we transition into Autumn then again into Winter, things always seem to get delayed, chill downs especially, seems like every fall this is discussed at length, so I take any MAJOR cooldowns with a grain of salt into mid December, after all it was supposed to be pretty chilly today and this weekend on some models, high of at least 85 here.

I would love next weekend to be 60s/40s that would be just about perfect, ease into Autumn, long long long long ways to go.

Yeah... it seems hard to get a really cold spell of more than 2 or 3 days before then. I still think this month will wind up a bit above, like +1.0 or so.

Blizz this morning mentioned next week's Euro cold gets muted and he is probably right.

Hey Brian what's up with the WRF model. Are you guys fine tuning it?

I think Cory is converting all of the scripts over to GrADS on his own time. The main link is dead for whatever reason even though the map pages still exist. We haven't had data uploaded since late August though.

Yeah... it seems hard to get a really cold spell of more than 2 or 3 days before then. I still think this month will wind up a bit above, like +1.0 or so.

Blizz this morning mentioned next week's Euro cold gets muted and he is probably right.

idk...every model now is pushing the 0C 850 line through CNE. Maybe it ends up + 2 or 3C or something, but regardless it will still be a substantial cool down with the typical cold spots flirting with frost.

idk...every model now is pushing the 0C 850 line through CNE. Maybe it ends up + 2 or 3C or something, but regardless it will still be a substantial cool down with the typical cold spots flirting with frost.

FWIW the euro ensembles trended colder on this run as compared to 00z. I agree it might warm a bit as we get closer, but pretty good agreement so far.

Gardner WX Bug station has tds of 48F... but that is in an urban concrete area...

Is your area drying out ok?

You going to ORG for the drinkfest Saturday?

No--I'm going to be taking a pass. We're going to the Franklin County Fair instead. Hope you all have a good time--we expect lots of incriminating photos.

Mrs. Vim Toot- the lush, is breaking out the heavy comforters tonight at igloo Vim Toot.

First frost tomorrow night:

NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PRESQUE ISLE...CARIBOU...VAN BUREN...

MARS HILL

332 PM EDT FRI SEP 9 2011

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 40.

NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

.SATURDAY...PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER

50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. AREAS OF FROST AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE

MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING

LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

.SUNDAY...AREAS OF FROST EARLY. MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID

60S.

Upper 70's at sunset here in Southold where I hoist a wine to tomorrow's G2G.

Vim Toot!

FWIW the euro ensembles trended colder on this run as compared to 00z. I agree it might warm a bit as we get closer, but pretty good agreement so far.

It looks like a nice autumnal push with hills near 60 and valleys coast mid-upper 60's..with 40's at nite..Somehow someone in Western Mass will claim widespread killing frost

Mrs. Vim Toot- the lush, is breaking out the heavy comforters tonight at igloo Vim Toot.

First frost tomorrow night:

NORTHEAST AROOSTOOK-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PRESQUE ISLE...CARIBOU...VAN BUREN...

MARS HILL

332 PM EDT FRI SEP 9 2011

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 40.

NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

.SATURDAY...PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER

50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. AREAS OF FROST AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE

MID 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING

LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

.SUNDAY...AREAS OF FROST EARLY. MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID

60S.

Upper 70's at sunset here in Southold where I hoist a wine to tomorrow's G2G.

Vim Toot!

Nice push of cooler air up there. Next week should really allow you to cuddle up to Mrs Lush.

It looks like a nice autumnal push with hills near 60 and valleys coast mid-upper 60's..with 40's at nite..Somehow someone in Western Mass will claim widespread killing frost

Well if we were to have what is modeled, it would be cooler than that, especially if a wave of low pressure develops along the front.

Archived