Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. My point forecast has me at 40F tomorrow night. Was figuring Yukon Pete would be talkin' frost. Guess we'll see what happens.

My point has me at 51. I usually run above the lows so I'm not expecting much different than what I've been experiencing the last few weeks.

WAYYYYYYYYYYYY OT, but I can't believe the shoe fetish my six-year old has. God help me.

Goodmorning! What a great day to be alive!!

Sunny (deep blue skies as Katia passes by)

71 degrees

Looks like 80 today and tomorrow here, Monday too, a few to handful of above normal days coming up after the horror of Tues and Wed. Have a fantastic day everyone and enjoy this absolutely perfect summertime weather!!!

We shall see what happens, many people were saying that about right now and this weekend ten days ago..............warm September and October= Big snows this winter.

I think it will happen, but the magnitude is in question. I could see it moderating some...but it could be rather potent for this time of year. If it does weaken..it may be because the ridge is stronger and Maria may track closer, but she looks like a fish storm to me.

Well good news for me, insurance adjuster just left, need whole new roof. He was from OSU in Stillwater OK, we talked alot about IRENE.He said definetly straight line winds everywhere he has been except for maybe Canterbury. He had great stories about OK May 3rd tornado and their blizzard from last year.

That baroclinic storm has stayed modeled in the Euro for days, a hybrid rogue type.

Well good news for me, insurance adjuster just left, need whole new roof. He was from OSU in Stillwater OK, we talked alot about IRENE.He said definetly straight line winds everywhere he has been except for maybe Canterbury. He had great stories about OK May 3rd tornado and their blizzard from last year.

That baroclinic storm has stayed modeled in the Euro for days, a hybrid rogue type.

I take it the good news is due to the fact that they are paying for it?

Im thinking widespread wind damage with that one

Of course.

LOL.

71.7/61

Don't know if anyone saw, but the NCDC has the summer temp and precip ranks out. Some highlights for southern New England:

Massachusetts...11th warmest, 4th wettest

Rhode Island...8th warmest, 16th wettest

Connecticut...16th warmest, 5th wettest

That sounds about right. Warm, but nothing ridiculous.

That sounds about right. Warm, but nothing ridiculous.

I'm a little surprised the ranks were that high on the temperature side, since they are out of 117 years. I figured they'd be somewhere in the 20-30 range. This summer didn't strike me as a top 10 summer, but that's what it was in RI and almost was in Mass. Guess that's why it's better to rely on the numbers/measurements than human perception.

I'm a little surprised the ranks were that high on the temperature side, since they are out of 117 years. I figured they'd be somewhere in the 20-30 range. This summer didn't strike me as a top 10 summer, but that's what it was in RI and almost was in Mass. Guess that's why it's better to rely on the numbers/measurements than human perception.

Yeah putting it in that perspective I guess makes it more impressive than I thought. Perhaps the big overnight lows did the trick.

But I don't know....it just never really felt oppressive this year except for the end of July. I had days where I could sleep with the windows open this year. Last summer, I had the A/C on all the time.

West Chesterfield and Shelburne are located in Northwest Ontario not NW Mass.

Lol. I guess we must be posting in the wrong thread.

Seriously though, I will stick with I and some others have said. Based on the numbers being reported, I will accept that it was above normal. But, there was nothing oppressive about it. Even though we that the two days where it hit 91* here, it was shortlived and felt okay in the shade. Survived without a/c

74.0/58

Archived