Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breakout your mosquito spray.

No doubt, but it is so nice to see the sun again today, when I saw the forecast for today I thought I was going to lose an entire day of work, now it looks like its an 11 am go time, huge help, which means only a half day Saturday.

Viva La Sizzle

Yea but even they thought the train would be further west, read some complaints about that from some mets.

The axis wavered, but it was modeled to only be like 40-50 miles wide which means everything. I think it was modeled near central PA and up into adjacent NY state, but then shifted east a bit in later runs.

Now that, we could see coming. I posed to moneypitmike a few days ago, that PA will be in the news later this week.

If you want to see something absurd check out the Hydro for the Swatara Creek in Hershey pa. All-time record was 16.1', they are now above 24', and have almost reached there foretasted crest 7 hours ahead of schedule. Still rising well over a 1' an hr.

The Susq River at Harrisburg is forcasted to crest at 29' now. The expected keeps going up almost hourly now. That would be 3rd all time, just .23' away from breaking the 3/12/1936 record, However, with the rains just pounding us down here still we may actually make a run at many of the Hurricane Agnes records. The top being all-time highest crest at Harrisburg on the Susq River of 32.57'.

P.S. Hershey park becomes partially submerged with water at 14'. Animals were drowning last night at the animal park attached to hershey park.

post-4667-0-41979700-1315488685.jpg

If any of you have some time to kill... scroll through these photos from Mansfield Heli-Flight of the flash flooding from Irene. There are a lot of photos but I'm not sure which is worse now, a tornado outbreak or widespread flash flooding. The net effect is about the same for those in the path.

Scroll about half-way down for the stuff from Killington and central VT... this is some crazy stuff. I'm not sure, but I think Mansfield Heli-Flight was called in to help out down there when those towns were cut-off and took some pictures on the way.

http://www.mansfieldheliflight.com/flood/

Looks like Tolland and my area through Essex county have the least rains so far..although still substantial.

That radar estimate is well under for my area....I'm just north of Kevin (Tolland) and I think he said he was over 2" and I'm a little over 3.50" since Monday AM. We had several periods where it was precipitating but there was nothing indicated on radar...pretty bizarre. I think that might be why it is so low.

Archived