September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+RA

54/54

2.75" liquid

Campus starting to get flooded....those are AFN numbers, and I believe we've had more high in the Monadnocks. Just brutal rains, I am mostly off today but will be doing some classroom prep later. A few students are arriving today, and it's going to be miserable for those going to the airport (BOS).

Models had this area of heavy rain yesterday, but it wasn't forecasted to be as robust. However some meso models had bands of heavy rain, just not as wide spread. So there were a few hints to some elements of heavy rain...just not nearly as widespread as this. It just goes to show you that anytime you have a tropical airmass overhead or nearby and models have QPF over you.....heavy heavy rain is possible.

Very narrow band of showers coming through, literally like 1-2 miles wide, then absolutely nothing on the radar. Looks we may even see some sun, forecast high is 75, but if the sun pops out you can tack on 5 to that, which would set the stage for one last band of t-storms this evening :thumbsup:

Models had this area of heavy rain yesterday, but it wasn't forecasted to be as robust. However some meso models had bands of heavy rain, just not as wide spread. So there were a few hints to some elements of heavy rain...just not nearly as widespread as this. It just goes to show you that anytime you have a tropical airmass overhead or nearby and models have QPF over you.....heavy heavy rain is possible.

Seems like its weakening over the last scans

Lots of NWS offices complaining loudly today about models. I thought HRRR did well short term.

Lots of NWS offices complaining loudly today about models. I thought HRRR did well short term.

Well they had the rain, just not this much and also not east enough. 12z GFS actually wasn't too bad. It was an overall poor performance. Weak LLJ overriding warm front with some upper level support. Those factors didn't scream heavy rain, but sometimes it doesn't take much. Pretty classic WAA scheme on BOX VAD profile.

Well they had the rain, just not this much and also not east enough. 12z GFS actually wasn't too bad. It was an overall poor performance. Weak LLJ overriding warm front with some upper level support. Those factors didn't scream heavy rain, but sometimes it doesn't take much. Pretty classic WAA scheme on BOX VAD profile.

Holy crap on CPA just unreal.

Has turned into a beautiful morning, clearing skies, increasing humidity and temperatures, I think we make a run at 80 with dews nearing the upper 60's later today, tomorrow another very humid warm day, the le miz cool siege is over and summer is back!

Sending this up north!

Has turned into a beautiful morning, clearing skies, increasing humidity and temperatures, I think we make a run at 80 with dews nearing the upper 60's later today, tomorrow another very humid warm day, the le miz cool siege is over and summer is back!

Sending this up north!

Breakout your mosquito spray.

Port Crane in Broome County, NY reports 6 inches in 12 hours. Some place in Tioga County has 8.82 in 24hours.

REally puts my 7.10 in perspective.

When you have these tropical rains along a stalled front...climo always seems to be BGM-ALY down through NJ and PA. NJ getting a break this time, but that area can rack it up this time of year.

Archived