Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a miserable day out there. I'd prefer 80F and sunny over this garbage. But I suppose this is better than 88F and humid.

When did spring come? lol. This wx isn't too bad. This is refreshing. 38F and rain is when it's really miserable. Much better then 88F and humid now that I'm back in school. I agree 80F and sunny would be better. 70F, dry, and sunny would be ideal this time of year.

Here's an update from one of my co-workers who lives about 20 miles outside of Oneonta (not sure what town):

OK, a little calmer now…thanks for the well wishes and concern. We’re ok—Joe and Quinn got home from daycare right before the creek overtook our road, Evan and Xander being housed at the high school with all the other kids who couldn’t get home (between washed out roads, fires, and electric lines down, the buses were trapped a bit). There is no way out from where I live, but a friend who is one of their teachers offered to bring them home with her, so feeling a bit better with that situation. So grateful for Facebook—FB IM was the only way to reach anyone who could help! Poor Evan’s first day of kindergarten and he’s already traumatized. It’s been a miserable weather month up here already!

57/55, drizzle and fog, a high of 58. Really have enjoyed the last 2 days, so nice to welcome fall. The sheet drizzle this afternoon driven sideways by an East wind was particularly refreshing. This weather is so much nicer to work in than sunny and 80.

You are such a cranky old man...

I agree, this weather is much better than sunny and 80 in my line of work...

Still pouring sheet drizzle here; radar is clearing underestimating how much rain is currently falling in SW NH given the low-level moisture far away from the BOX beam. I am immediately getting soaked every time I move between my classroom and apartment.

RA

57/56

Wind: Calm

2.23" rainfall/AFN

I'm currently working on a meteorology workshop to offer students, not that I'm an expert, and my main mission is to teach Spanish, but this could be fun. I just requisitioned a weather station and rain gauge through the school, which pays for all supplies/equipment.

Still pouring sheet drizzle here; radar is clearing underestimating how much rain is currently falling in SW NH given the low-level moisture far away from the BOX beam. I am immediately getting soaked every time I move between my classroom and apartment.

RA

57/56

Wind: Calm

2.23" rainfall/AFN

I'm currently working on a meteorology workshop to offer students, not that I'm an expert, and my main mission is to teach Spanish, but this could be fun. I just requisitioned a weather station and rain gauge through the school, which pays for all supplies/equipment.

1500' of lift will boost the drizzle too.

What in the heck happened in here today with the Vim Tootles thread, OT is a disaster with that thread :unsure:

Sure is.

Does anyone have a response to my quesiton about the flood watch in WNE tonight? Given the forecasted rains (or lack thereof) and the statement in the AFD that 1.5-2" would be the guidance for flooding, I'm not sure why that's been posted. Am I missing something in the forecast?

56.5/55

Sure is.

Does anyone have a response to my quesiton about the flood watch in WNE tonight? Given the forecasted rains (or lack thereof) and the statement in the AFD that 1.5-2" would be the guidance for flooding, I'm not sure why that's been posted. Am I missing something in the forecast?

56.5/55

Oversaturated ground?

Archived