Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, does GRR still exist anymore????

:raining: :raining: :raining:

We'll our end of Green River Rd is still here but a mile north of here it is closed indefinitely. There are huge washouts on the dirt sections. It's great, really has cut down on traffic going past the house. :thumbsup:

Must suck for those who live n of here in Colrain, Leyden and parts of Vt. Basically they now have an extra 10 miles to go to get to civilization.

This is why when we bought our house I told my wife I wanted to live outside of town but on a paved road.

We'll our end of Green River Rd is still here but a mile north of here it is closed indefinitely. There are huge washouts on the dirt sections. It's great, really has cut down on traffic going past the house. :thumbsup:

Must suck for those who live n of here in Colrain, Leyden and parts of Vt. Basically they now have an extra 10 miles to go to get to civilization.

This is why when we bought our house I told my wife I wanted to live outside of town but on a paved road.

I really like that dirt section--very scenic. Have you tried to venture up it since Irene?

6.11"

55.4/55

I really like that dirt section--very scenic. Have you tried to venture up it since Irene?

6.11"

55.4/55

No, I'm planning on going up tomorrow when my mother-in-law is here to baby sit. I didn't want to risk driving up there and then hiking with the little one in case it's rough going. I've heard it's in rough shape though. Apparently Rt 8 is a disaster from Charlemont to Goshen.

Somehow it is still raining but only in Franklin Co. You know that come winter we'll go from being the qpf magnet to being the qpf dead zone. lol.

No, I'm planning on going up tomorrow when my mother-in-law is here to baby sit. I didn't want to risk driving up there and then hiking with the little one in case it's rough going. I've heard it's in rough shape though. Apparently Rt 8 is a disaster from Charlemont to Goshen.

Somehow it is still raining but only in Franklin Co. You know that come winter we'll go from being the qpf magnet to being the qpf dead zone. lol.

Don't forget we had the qpf deflector shield on the entire summer until just before Irene, so maybe we were setting the table for the winter. Here's hoping in any case.

Holy hell, need a met job?l, this is some funny sh it http://www.mediabist...-cummins_b20769

I saw that earlier--what a crazy story.

Still raining lightly.

6.16"

55.9/55

Just got back from Shelburne Falls. The Deerfield is really raging again, though far short of during Irene. I took a video on my flip camera. I have no idea how to load these things to my computer, so this may not come out at all. But, if all goes to plan, you might be able to click to the video here.

Meanwhile, up to 6.20" and a chilly 56.3/55

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/e91b3cac338706c2b5a58a2abe87047c/video/110305501

Also, The Recorder has a slideshow of Route 2 here. What a mess!!!

http://recorder.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1316288&CategoryID=24262&view=1

Just got this message from my colleague in Oneonta, NY:

Wow – when it rains it pours!

We are under a flood watch, it is literally raining non-stop, roads are flooding like I have never seen them. First day of school let out early.

So – here is my status as it stands:

- My internet is spotty - > but, right now intact.

- I am here, but, watching my basement and outdoors for serious flooding -> forgive my lack of attentiveness.

- My main road into town is gone, not just flooded, but gone.

Yowzaa is all I can say!

Besides a surface convergence boundary there..what else is causing that?

Tons of convergence through the mid levels of this narrow but intense band of moisture. At the surface, this plume is overrunning a warm front draped sw-ne. Aloft, there is a pretty strong low level jet where moist se winds are converging with sw winds. It's like every thing is squeezing out in a narrow area. Strong upper level low as well aiding with the right rear entrance of a jet streak. Right rear entrance of a jet streak is classic for heavy precipitation. In winter, weenies rise from it.

From another co-worker who lives several miles outside of Oneonta:

Most of the roads where I live are closed and flooded. My kids are trapped somewhere in town on a school bus, unable to make it home and us unable to get to them. We have no phone (landline or cell) and no way of getting more info, so obviously I am freaking out a little right now. Shockingly, I still have internet. Needless to say, I am going out somehow to find a way to the boys…

Jackie

Archived