• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
September 2011

WeatherX

Think junky wx is what happens usually when you wish for a torch in September. :devilsmiley:You get a swampy tropical feed up the coast and the sunny HHH wx that certain demented individuals crave is somewhere offshore between here and Bermuda.

68/67 here. It got down to 64 in the fog, etc. Tomorrow should be a raw chilly rainy day...more to my liking.

I'm with you on this Rick, really looking forward to chilly Autumn weather. Keep that HHH elsewhere.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hey Ho Ho MRG"S lies gotta go!!!!!!!!!

Facts.............

BDR +2.9 so far in September with a +8 yesterday

ORH +2.6 so far in September with a +7 yesterday

Hey Hey Ho HO MRG's lies gotta go!!!!!!!!!

Some days it happens.

The fact is everyone has been above normal since the very end of June. It may be more weighted toward the lows than the highs, but it has been above normal in the means regardless.

Mt Washington's mean departures are as follows...

Jul +2.2F

Aug +1.2F

Sep +9.0F thru 9/4

lol facts, who needs them. In the mountains its always below normal. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Some days it happens.

The fact is everyone has been above normal since the very end of June. It may be more weighted toward the lows than the highs, but it has been above normal in the means regardless.

Jul +2.2F

Aug +1.2F

Sep +9.0F thru 9/4

What mechanism is responsible for the east side often getting socked in? As for the temps I've said all along that June was AOB, July was AOA, and that August was near normal here. The sensible weather this year would not lead one to say it was a "torch" summer that's my only contention. There were no protracted periods of HHH weather, in fact that 2-3 day period at the end of July was the only true heat I remember being visited upon us. Above normal lows in summer, while of course statistically relevant, mean little in terms of sensible weather. You must admit, for people that don't really like punishing heat, this summer was a breeze.

It hasn't been "Cool" recently...no matter where you are around here. In September or even late August, you'd know a cool airmass when it comes. It would be in the 30s in the favored spots for lows with crisp highs in the low 60s. Highs in the 70s to near 80 (warmer in valleys) with lows in the 55-65 range is not a cool airmass.

I do think we'll see a pretty good cool down near midmonth in the D6-10 range....perhaps even two shots of cool weather, but hard to say for sure just yet.

It's really pouring here Mike. Funny thing is that it's just been so darned hot that when the drops hit they just spuitter and pop into steam, like water into a hot skillet.lol

Lol. I'm not so sure that we're always socked in, Pete. I do think that we are often the opposite of what much of the area sees in that regard. I'm sure this will be corrected or confirmed, but the mechanisms that dictate the fog areas tend to impact either the elevations or the lower levels, and frequently are not doing both at the same time.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

67.5/67, rain.

It hasn't been "Cool" recently...no matter where you are around here. In September or even late August, you'd know a cool airmass when it comes. It would be in the 30s in the favored spots for lows with crisp highs in the low 60s. Highs in the 70s to near 80 (warmer in valleys) with lows in the 55-65 range is not a cool airmass.

I do think we'll see a pretty good cool down near midmonth in the D6-10 range....perhaps even two shots of cool weather, but hard to say for sure just yet.

6 of the last 10 days of August here featured highs in the 60's with 3 overnight lows in the 40's. You wouldn't say that is relatively cool?

Lol. I'm not so sure that we're always socked in, Pete. I do think that we are often the opposite of what much of the area sees in that regard. I'm sure this will be corrected or confirmed, but the mechanisms that dictate the fog areas tend to impact either the elevations or the lower levels, and frequently are not doing both at the same time.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

67.5/67, rain.

Never said always.lol Identical temp and DP here. We've really had too much rain.

I think we may have a high temp forecast bust in GC.

MAZ002-052000-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

1015 AM EDT MON SEP 5 2011

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON

THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...

.THIS AFTERNOON...CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG. SHOWERS LIKELY WITH

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 70S.

SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN

70 PERCENT

WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHESTERFIELD...PLAINFIELD...

WESTHAMPTON...WILLIAMSBURG...WORTHINGTON

1015 AM EDT MON SEP 5 2011

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON

THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...

.THIS AFTERNOON...CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG. SHOWERS LIKELY WITH

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 70S.

SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN

70 PERCENT.

I think it should be updated with new wording of "near steady temperature of 67."

67.4/67, RN-

My daughter will have her first day of school tomorrow at Buckland/Shelburne elementary after a week-long post-Irene delay. We just learned that the Hawlemont School (the school for Hawley and Charlemont) will be at BSE for "at least the next several weeks".

So, instead of one first grade of 17 students, there will be one of 17 and one of 12. Adding this to the other 5 years of school, that's going to be one crowded place!

67.4/67

ZOMG! 29 kids! lol...about the average number of kids in my science classes. Actually, I think my average is 27 since I have 1 smaller group. They smell a bit more than 1st graders though (so far a really nice group of kids...)

What happened to the other school?

Yeah, we have not had one of those really awesome airmasses, although the 1st couple of days after Irene were close.

Can't wait for a day where the high is 54F and the low is 39 or so...

6 of the last 10 days of August here featured highs in the 60's with 3 overnight lows in the 40's. You wouldn't say that is relatively cool?

The first 4 days of September have all broken 70F there. Today could try and hold in the upper 60s...if it does, then that will be the first day of the month that it does that.

Its relatively cool compared to the warmer weather we saw earlier in the summer, but I don't think that is saying much. As I mentioned, we'll know a cool arimass when we get it. That might try to get in here this weekend, but we'll see.

<BR>ZOMG! 29 kids! lol...about the average number of kids in my science classes. Actually, I think my average is 27 since I have 1 smaller group. They smell a bit more than 1st graders though (so far a really nice group of kids...) What happened to the other school?

Well, they won't be in the same class room, I don't think. The class only has three boys in it, too--it should be an interesting senior prom situation in 10 years. The high school (serves 9 towns) graduated 73 students this year. As far as smell goes, I think the primary odor is of dairy cattle.

Edit: : as far the other school's concerned, I suspect they got flooded. It's on the river side of Route 2 right in the center of Charlemont. So that's the area where Rt 2 is also closed.

The first 4 days of September have all broken 70F there. Today could try and hold in the upper 60s...if it does, then that will be the first day of the month that it does that.

Its relatively cool compared to the warmer weather we saw earlier in the summer, but I don't think that is saying much. As I mentioned, we'll know a cool arimass when we get it. That might try to get in here this weekend, but we'll see.

I doubt we'll see any negative departures in the next couple of days with overnight lows being generally on the warmer side. AFN only got down to 68F last night, probably about fifteen degrees above normal. You knew that was going to happen though with +20C 850s advecting eastward from the OH Valley with heavy cloud cover due to the stalled front over SE Canada. It's definitely been mild here on campus; I exchanged the blankets for the fan last night as my apartment was quite warm.

The models do show some cooler shots coming in behind Katia's recurve, but some of the GFS runs have been rebuilding the ridge in the longer range with the westerlies retreating to Northern Canada. If we see a big GoA low this September, we could easily have a flat jet stream across North America, preventing many cold shots.

We don't need below normal anymore to keep me happy. Just give me seasonable in September and I'm contented. Once November rolls around I get much more demanding and want below normal and snow 24/7. ;)

Some days it happens.

Jul +2.2F

Aug +1.2F

Sep +9.0F thru 9/4

Thank you Brian for these stats. This should shut down MRG"s wild fantasy that it's someho been a chilly summer lol. Everytime he says that a few more people laugh at him and he loses credibilty. It's been a warm , wet, above normal summer for every single city and town in SNE. Facts are facts

Even though my birth date is a year after the so called Baby Boom ended, the birth rates were still pretty elevated and through elementary school it was pretty routine to have at least 25 kids per class and sometimes 30 or so.... We all seemed to get a good education.

ZOMG! 29 kids! lol...about the average number of kids in my science classes. Actually, I think my average is 27 since I have 1 smaller group. They smell a bit more than 1st graders though (so far a really nice group of kids...)

What happened to the other school?

Two more mowings of my two acres...period. I have a certain # of hours I want to put on the Cub Cadet each year and not gonna go over that. So it's gonna be a little high this week because it's too soggy to get on and I have to hold off to about September 12th.

Nice muggy day today. Just mowed the lawn and then dropped another round of LESCO. Sun is out. Looks like any rain holds off till tonight. Kids are at the neighbors swimming. Endelss summer this year in September. October should cool off

This is just a case of GC being in the clouds and showers with the front versus one last summer day for the coastal plain.... I'm happy to be a socked in at 69/68. Dew points in the 50's about 75 miles west of me now.

Yeah pretty impressive heat for September today. 82/67 and still rising...should make 85 here.

Even though my birth date is a year after the so called Baby Boom ended, the birth rates were still pretty elevated and through elementary school it was pretty routine to have at least 25 kids per class and sometimes 30 or so.... We all seemed to get a good education.

You and I were raised in a much different world.

78.1 so far for a high... might go a bit up, but the increased clouds might hold that off. Got a trace of rain so far with more on the way... much more.

Just took the kids to see Spy Kids 4....Jessica Alba ftw

You and I were raised in a much different world.

78.1 so far for a high... might go a bit up, but the increased clouds might hold that off. Got a trace of rain so far with more on the way... much more.

Just took the kids to see Spy Kids 4....Jessica Alba ftw

How old are your kids? I remember taking my two older ones to the first of those about 10 years ago. The older is now in college--boy time flys.

70.9/70, rn.

How old are your kids? I remember taking my two older ones to the first of those about 10 years ago. The older is now in college--boy time flys.

70.9/70, rn.

10 and 4... the original "kids" are in this one and they are adult (and rather strange looking). Jessica Alba in spy clothes...mmmmmm

Trying to coax them into the pool for one last time. Currently failing.

Decent little breeze out there today

Archived