• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

Pretty close to my tally, sounds right. Bronson Brook is raging, you can hear boulders tocking off one another as the torrent moves them downstream. The upper Westfield is full of trees and other forest debris. The sound is deafening and it shakes the ground.

That stream is looking quite powerful, hope its not too close to yours and your neighbors houses. Good luck with everything.

Sounds like you wont have to cut down many trees for firewood as many have already fallen it seems. I was hoping for a couple or at least one would fall away from the house to help me out in that department.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to those downstream from where the Deerfield and Green Rivers meet the Ct. Northampton, Holyoke and Hadley could be in for some epic flooding.

It seems our main concern now is the flooding even though the rains have come to an end in the lower valley - gotta be very concerned if that band just over the NY line moves into the already inundated areas in Berkshire County and the hilltowns...

Westfield River. The bridge is humming like a tuning fork. Punctuated with deep thuds that shake the structure as trees hit the center abutment.

I can imagine Little River by my old place is cranking too. Used to go swimming in the Westfield river on the 4th hole at Tekoa, would love to see that thing raging right now.

Archived