Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several ASOS stations haven't reported for a couple hours....which is annoying. PYM, UUU, and now GON hasn't reported for an hour.

Will, I would be willing to be PYM isn't bad. It's like night and day from the Bourne rotary west. Much more damage there than areas just east.

I'm barely gusting to 30 knots here. Can see some nasty gusts over the water but we're not getting effective transfer here.

That's awesome. Where are you located again? You have a beach house I take it?
yah two. bottom of sandollar cir and bottom of shorewood dr e fal. is the exact loc. constant 40 to 60 plus gusts for hours, like mess said its pretty normal.

Will, I would be willing to be PYM isn't bad. It's like night and day from the Bourne rotary west. Much more damage there than areas just east.

I'm barely gusting to 30 knots here. Can see some nasty gusts over the water but we're not getting effective transfer here.

You'll get yours.

Pete Bouchard keeps saying thatthat band is the worst and it'll be gradual improvement basically all day. Sounds like here in E MA we may get a second max of winds later in the day?

So far it's been pretty low impact here. That band sorta fell apart before it reached the city but did bring with it a solid 50+ mph gust that brought some small dead branches down but no damage and power hasnt even shown any hints of going out. You can see the low clouds just overhead absolutely flying though so I imagine it must be quite windy a bit higher up.

HYA just gusted to 52mph...that's pretty good for them. FMH was gusting to 61 at the top of the hour. Wind is still mostly out of the SE though. I think it will mix better once it turns more S and SW.

FALMOUTH CLOUDY 77 72 83 SE40G61

I just saw that. I figured low 60's here. I'm not getting it yet at my house but I can see Otis from here. Wind trajectory. Getting much worse the last 2-3 minutes and power is flickreing. 100% coincides with the rain, it rains it gets ugly fast.

Archived