Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is someone walking their dog on my street...with an umbrella...you kidding me?

That was me about 90 minutes ago. Two dogs, took them out one-at-a-time so I could hold the umbrella :lol:

I didn't even get out my yard. My dogs don't like rain and wind.

Suspect the peak is about here north of the canal. Much much worse at the top of Buzzards Bay than here so far. Maybe some gusts to 50.

Are there obs of hurricane force sustained anywhere? Groton is nasty, saw that, probably the worst official OB I've seen this whole storm since down the coast.

No, GON has been the highest thus far (58kts). TAN got to 50kts.

last night when i saw the flood forecast for the westfield river i couldnt believe they didnt have it atleast at flood stage!!! we have had half this rain and it has flooded most rivers are above there forecast points of where they should be right now!! Streams around here are out of there banks and all that has to go somewhere.. Im thinking the connecticut river is in for some serious flooding the next couple of days once all the smaller rivers empty into it.. wind died down for a bit and starting to kick back up. im on a 5 post a day limit for some reason so this will be my last post for a bit ill let you know how evreything around here goes

CT River is at 4.4 feet in Springfield - flood stage is 20. Long way to go.

Westfield River is definitely a concern. Mass. State Police evacuating folks in Chester along the Westfield River due to its quick rise.

Power becoming an iffy proposition here in Chelmsford--on and off 3 times in the last half hour. But that mini-band of torrential rain appears to have passed us, and the gusts are quieting at the moment. Decided to break out a Sam Adams IPA just in case.

Archived