• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

I know everyone LOVES to see a massive trough to the west of Irene to drive it straight north, but that's NOT what we need. A LESS amplified trough like the 12z is depicting here is GOOD, NOT PUTRID. It allows the westerlies to remain further north, with higher heights over New England to Nova Scotia. This is NOT your "classic" Long Island Express set up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone LOVES to see a massive trough to the west of Irene to drive it straight north, but that's NOT what we need. A LESS amplified trough like the 12z is depicting here is GOOD, NOT PUTRID. It allows the westerlies to remain further north, with higher heights over New England to Nova Scotia. This is NOT your "classic" Long Island Express set up

No it's not classic at all which is going to cause weenie fits.

Far enough N to take it over the canal, sure.

I think Norcross was offering this last night on TWC...

TWC continues to hint on the idea of the possibility of tornadoes, I can't say I'm too familiar with hurricances, is it possible for someone to explain or provide a link of the connection between hurricanes and tornadoes?

You want to get on the right side of the circulation to get in on the possible spin up tornadoes.

It's a putrid trough but so long as the high stays tough to the east that's not a bad thing. It wasn't strong enough in earlier runs to make a difference and given the two I'd rather have a weaker trough further north than a trough not strong enough that boots the system east.

NAM/GFS both agree, the second trough is weaker/north.

Hey Scooter...on that type of track....would ther ebe decent winds over interior SNE? I could care less about rain

Well there would be some good winds I would think..I mean it's not hauling ne just yet which helps you. But I would not want to be any farther west then you. Maybe 50moh gust? It's hard to say because these things behave very differently then regular storms.

It's a putrid trough but so long as the high stays tough to the east that's not a bad thing. It wasn't strong enough in earlier runs to make a difference and given the two I'd rather have a weaker trough further north than a trough not strong enough that boots the system east.

NAM/GFS both agree, the second trough is weaker/north.

YES! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

IF IF IF this general track happens..I'm heading to FMH early Saturday morning . No way in hell i am missing this

Kev just an FYI, depending on timing there is some talk of bridges being one way at some point if this does appear to be an imminent threat. The emergency plan once initiated will close access to the Cape at the base of both bridges. I imagine that would come sometime Friday night or Saturday.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsterminal&L=3&L0=Home&L1=Public+Safety+Agencies&L2=Massachusetts+Emergency+Management+Agency&sid=Eeops&b=terminalcontent&f=mema_hurricane_cape_cod_emergency_traffic_plan&csid=Eeops

Archived