• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part II

Baroclinic Zone

No way, the fee to make ecmwf.int make their data public would be in the tens of millions of dollars if vendor sites are any measure...and if ecmwf.int's protection of their data is any gauge as well. They seem to have the same resources as the CIA when it comes to finding out who is distributing their data without consent. I'm sure its some sort of a trial. If it isn't, that is fantastic though, but I put that probability about the same as Irene making landfall as a cat 4 in SNE.

Has to be an agreement, company that big wouldn't take the chance. Possibly a trial of both the technology and the "hits" to see if it's worth it to Wunderground to offer it as a paid service.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still pretty far west through 78h but fast. Hard to tell how it is compared to 12z because the speed is much faster.

Man, if it could somehow keep west of us and be faster, what a pants tent that would be....but no way that works out, regardless of what this run does.

I'm sure I'll awaken to a slew of weenies tossed at me by Kev, but it is what it is.

Euro is speeding it up and coming a bit east...but both of those are great compared to the 12z run...we just want it to be right...which is probably won't be, lol.

My folks on ern li get crushed. Center is like over douglas, ma at 120 hrs.

West of me.

Definite trend east and faster, which was expected....but the trend of a deeper MW trough leaves me with some hope.

Wish it wasn't day 5. :axe:

Still feel like it continues east.

I kind of feel the same about the trend in general across the board. We shall see what Wednesday brings, hoping we hit the point of stagnation in the track like we saw down south in terms of big w/e movements.

Euro track is bad news for PVD/SE New England etc.

Thanks Will, etc, night all..

Archived