• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Dog days continue, summer days those summer nights

Ginx snewx

Awesome in the World...very hot...averaged 95/75 for the most part. I was not bothered by the heat most of the time, but sweated like crazy. We had lots of great experiences. Once we left Disney and went to Daytona it was kinda sad. The area was largely strip malls and roads and condos. I had been there several times before but it is not my cup of tea. The 8-10 it was pretty cloudy and rainy which was good for mitigating the heat.

Hotel was amazing, the parks were great, my family loved it. Probably can't go again for 2 years ($$$) but a super time.

Here is the storm that rolled through one evening as we were awaiting a boat back to the hotel (and our balcony view):

Good looking pics, Dave. Welcome back. When do you return the fun of the school year?

Awesome day out there. Just mowed my new lawn area for the first time. Grass took pretty well during the warmest month of the year.

67.3/52

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67 here at 2k. Breezy and cool despite the August sun. We've picked up good rains here in western Hampshire and Berkshire county recently. I'm surprised your qpf has been so light.

Everything's been going to the south of here. Not a good time to be in Franklin County if you're trying to grow pumpkins.

70.1/49

What a fantastic evening. Going to find some guy in Quincy to get me weenie wet.

:drunk: Hope you aren't driving...

Here in another tcu from my trip

This one almost caught us on the lake because they pulled all of the smaller boats used to ferry folks back and forth. Took a while to send more boats.

Wiz would love it there. Convection city

Great evening... already down to 58.4F. Maybe back in the 40s for the first time in a while. Might need to close the windows tonight and throw on an extra blankie.

Pete meanwhile will report heavy frost and 6-12" at 2K...

Nice moon

56 here at the moment and sinking fast. Frost is likely within 4 weeks or so. Amazing that here in the heart of the supposed torch of an August you're having to close windows and wear your flannel footy pj's.

56 here at the moment and sinking fast. Frost is likely within 4 weeks or so. Amazing that here in the heart of the supposed torch of an August you're having to close windows and wear your flannel footy pj's.

Litchfieldlibations will claim 80F lows if he wasn't in a Carolina margarita induced fog

Might buy some used rental equipment this weekend (tax free)...

:drunk: Hope you aren't driving...

Here in another tcu from my trip

This one almost caught us on the lake because they pulled all of the smaller boats used to ferry folks back and forth. Took a while to send more boats.

Wiz would love it there. Convection city

Nah, just some dinner and a few beers.

Nice pics. The one thing about FL, is that you can really see the whole evolution of tstms from start to finish. Sometimes that's tough to do here, as the precursor to tstms, the anvil cirrus, make that difficult to see in these parts. Sometimes you get lucky, though.

Nah, just some dinner and a few beers.

Nice pics. The one thing about FL, is that you can really see the whole evolution of tstms from start to finish. Sometimes that's tough to do here, as the precursor to tstms, the anvil cirrus, make that difficult to see her. Sometimes you get lucky, though.

The one advantage of a totally flat state... you can see these building 50 miles out. The lightning out of one of these storms was great. CGs that would last for a second or so pulsing...

We felt sort of scared since we were waiting for boats on the edge of a large lake. I'm just going through pics tonight...when we went 5 years ago we took about 150 pics... this time 700+ plus the professional ones... another 150.

Did you live there (Florida)?

Ahhhhhhhhh....

EXPECT AN EXCELLENT NIGHT FOR SLEEPING AS WINDS DROP OFF AND TEMPS

FALL. SHOULD SEE A WIDE RANGE IN OVERNIGHT LOWS...ESPECIALLY IN THE

NORMALLY COLDER VALLEYS AS WINDS BECOME CALM. COULD SEE A FEW

READINGS INTO THE UPPER 40S...BUT WILL MAINLY SEE TEMPS FALL BACK TO

THE 50S EXCEPT LOWER 60S ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST. MAY SEE SOME

PATCHY FOG LATE AT NIGHT IN SOME OF THE INLAND SUSCEPTIBLE VALLEYS

AND ALONG SE MA.-- End Changed Discussion --

Serious question guys. I want to move to Adams, Massachusetts eventually, hopefully within the next 2 years. I'm a huge elevation weather nerd, so I'm wondering how is the weather there? All I really know about the area is the elevation is 3,400ft and it's a quaint little town. How many inches of snowfall a year is the average? and what is the average summer time temperatures there? Any input would be much appreciated, I can't wait to actually witness the heart of a Nor' Easter instead of always being on the edge.

Serious question guys. I want to move to Adams, Massachusetts eventually, hopefully within the next 2 years. I'm a huge elevation weather nerd, so I'm wondering how is the weather there? All I really know about the area is the elevation is 3,400ft and it's a quaint little town. How many inches of snowfall a year is the average? and what is the average summer time temperatures there? Any input would be much appreciated, I can't wait to actually witness the heart of a Nor' Easter instead of always being on the edge.

3,400ft not even close i think your thinking of mount graylock which you cant live on but the drive up is nice!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Greylock

3,400ft not even close i think your thinking of mount graylock which you cant live on but the drive up is nice!

http://en.wikipedia..../Mount_Greylock

sorryyy, yeah your totally right lol, I don't know what I was thinking. What is the highest elevation you can live in Massachusetts? that has descent snows and cooler summer temps?

sorryyy, yeah your totally right lol, I don't know what I was thinking. What is the highest elevation you can live in Massachusetts? that has descent snows and cooler summer temps?

Probably some areas in Florida, MA just east of Adams...they'll have communities in the 2000-2500 foot range where people actually live. Places in Peru, MA and Windsor, MA also get around 2,000 feet with houses a little bit higher. Savoy, MA as well.

I'm out for 16 days (well, I will have wifi at some points-so I might check in). There will be only 4 days left of meteorological summer upon my return, but I'll also be back to school. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

66/55, nice moonlit night. Should be a great trip.sun.gif

8/12 to 8/18: Estes Park, CO

8/18 to 8/20 Denver,CO

8/20 to 8/22 Las Vegas, NV

8/22 to 8/25 Grand Canyon, AZ

8/25 to 8/27 Phoenix, AZ

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

48/48, Goall !!!!! Goal !!!!!! Goooooaaaallll !!!!!! Just got in from a brisk early morning ride. Definitely a hint of Autumn in the air. Though I know its just a tease its great to know that Autumn is closing in fast. The August torch has been fizzlicious.lol

Rake the yard, yet?

Archived