• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

Looking forward to a bit of drier air in the High Country today. Today's expected high around 74.

Hopefully coming off of the peak of the worst summer heat and will begin the move into the decline in temperatures for some better weather over the next several weeks.

It sure has been a wet summer. Plenty of rain and the hiking trails have been wet and muddy all summer.

Looking forward to the first upslope snow in late October or November. Bring it on after this heat!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dang, when was your last rain before that?

JULY 2011

4th .23"

7th 1.72"

8th .98"

13th .13"

15th .10"

25th .10"

------------

3.26"

After last Summer I can't really complain. I miss the big county -wide supercells that used to sit and dump 5" of rain all evening ..haven't had one of those in too long. Used to get one every other Summer atleast.

JULY 2011

4th .23"

7th 1.72"

8th .98"

13th .13"

15th .10"

25th .10"

------------

3.26"

After last Summer I can't really complain. I miss the big county -wide supercells that used to sit and dump 5" of rain all evening ..haven't had one of those in too long. Used to get one every other Summer atleast.

It seems like those don't happen much anymore. I guess I had one when I was out of town and we got 3.96" of rain but it's really been very few and far between.

:thumbsdown: i hope someone did.

not one. drop. of. rain. imby. at all. :( it looked great on radar and every freaking drop dried up about 1/2 cty away :gun_bandana:

tell me about. those of us in the summer no-storm screw zone are getting screwed over and over again. even with 70-80% chances. its depressing and infuriating. sigh - maybe we can make up for it in the winter lol

i was going to water today but with the thunder and clouds and radar i just "knew" we'd get rain. i should have watered.

Same here...got nothing. Even though I had a storm come close by..yet again..like Cheez. I've lost count on how many times that has happened this year. Yesterday marked the 5th or 6th time in a row that I didn't get a drop of rain with likely pops in the forecast. Pathetic that we can't get anything even when pops are 60 or 70%.

Storms all about yesterday, but as per uze, they would split or fall apart right before getting here. Got one mini-storm earlier in the day yesterday that dropped a quick .4". The rest of the day was just some scattered very light rain, barely enough to even wet the ground.

I picked up .2" last night. The line kind of split to avoid us but clipped us anyway. That brings my monthly total up to 6.95". I'm glad to see you Cobb County folks getting yours now.

I got a half inch in the big afternoon down pour..which only last 15 minutes or so, then another tenth or so after dark. So yesterday was a good day! I was still hearing thunder on after midnight, but no more rain. T

Same here...got nothing. Even though I had a storm come close by..yet again..like Cheez. I've lost count on how many times that has happened this year. Yesterday marked the 5th or 6th time in a row that I didn't get a drop of rain with likely pops in the forecast. Pathetic that we can't get anything even when pops are 60 or 70%.

yep it sucks. and its been happening almost all summer here. sigh - at least 8 days or more this month with huge props and nothing.

That's what I've seen here, looks real promising and headed my way and it either splits and goes around me or falls apart before it gets here. I was lucky this month that I had almost 4" in one day or it would be kinda slim here too. But all the rain has my lawn growing so fast that I have to cut the grass every 3 days now. And unfortunately, I have to cut it today. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Got a nice little storm heading straight towards Emerson. It's following the same path as one last week so we'll see what happens. I bet it will find a way to fall apart or miss us.

good luck, that thing is on a bee line right for you! Not much out there today north of I-20 so you are lucky if you get it!

Got a nice little storm heading straight towards Emerson. It's following the same path as one last week so we'll see what happens. I bet it will find a way to fall apart or miss us.

With your luck this month I'm sure it'll come right over your house and dump 2 or 3 inches.

So sorry man..... it's going to be DoA.... falling apart rapidly.

An update on the # of 90+ days this year in Atlanta compared to last year. I never thought I'd see another summer as hot as last year but this summer could beat it.

Last year through July 26: 38 days of 90+

This year through July 26: 52 days of 90+

Last year Atlanta ended up with 85 days of 90+ which is either the most or 2nd most ever, I don't remember which. 2010-2011 has to be one of the hottest back to back summers ever.

The GFS in it's extended range has temps for many area of the southeast in an extended upper 90's pattern. In the mean time it has north Georgia in a low 90's setup. This summer is getting very, very old. I'm going to post stats from Atlanta today on exactly how hot it has been in terms of 90+ days. I promise it won't disappoint.

2011 through 7/24/11

90 + Heat

May - 6

June - 24

July - 20

Total - 50

of those 90+ days here are the ones that went 95+

May - 0

June - 3

July - 3

Total - 6

2010 through 7/24

90+

May - 2

June - 19

July - 15

Total - 36

of those 90+ days here are the ones that went 95+

May - 0

June - 2

July - 4

Total - 6

2009 - through 7/24

days of 90+ heat

May - 0

June - 15

July - 5

Total - 20

of those 90+ days, ones that went 95+

May - 0

June - 2

July - 1

Total - 3

Atlanta is blowing the last two summers away in terms of 90+ heat, very old with no end in sight.

An update on the # of 90+ days this year in Atlanta compared to last year. I never thought I'd see another summer as hot as last year but this summer could beat it.

Last year through July 26: 38 days of 90+

This year through July 26: 52 days of 90+

Last year Atlanta ended up with 85 days of 90+ which is either the most or 2nd most ever, I don't remember which. 2010-2011 has to be one of the hottest back to back summers ever.

either your numbers are off a couple or mine are....

edit : you are correct I missed a day in May, also the past two days are 90+ so it is 52...ugh.

I got skipped here in Belmont yesterday. Only got a trace. I'm actually impressed with how good my grass looks after 11 days without measurable rain and temperatures that have been in the mid to upper 90's. Sitting at 2.22" for the month and rain chances are looking slim until maybe Sunday and possible Monday.

Well today I really didn't pay attention to the forecast, since the front passed through yesterday I thought it would be a nice day today in the mid 80's with a lot less humidity. Turns out it got really hot and it was still humid. High got up to 94 and the dewpoint was in the low 70's. It evened rained for 15 minutes as the sun was going down.

i dont know that it ever left mby lol. this is getting ridiculous - we need a pattern change and FAST (or better yet a tropical system)

I woke up this morning and went out on my deck. I looked up at the blue sky void of clouds and said, its gonna but hot.... Not even some high clouds out there this morning, it's gonna be upper 90's around here today... FFC says 96 but I would not be surprised if we go as high as 98 today. Most mornings this year there have been high clouds filtering the sun, well today no such luck. The only saving grace is it got down to 73 last night which will somewhat limit our highs......

btw for North Georgia the GFS won't let go of the idea of upper 90's to 100ish for an extended period starting beginning of next week/late this weekend. So likely the next few days will be the "cooler" ones for a while if the GFS is correct....

Archived