• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

6Z GFS went back off the deep end. Shows temps of 100+ Monday - Friday, bumps 850's into the 25-26 degree range, maxes surface temps at 106 for Marietta on one of those days. Insane, :arrowhead: Much, much less believable, 106 would likely be an all time record for KMGE. Takes Atlanta to 103 on day then 104 the next.....

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=KMGE

I noticed it has +24 Tuesday night, and I think Wed. and part of Thursday for northern GA and at times western NC/SC...but really bakes n. and central GA. The flow its showing is actually a pretty hot one with downslope at a lot of levels so that will help drive up surface temps, if its right, but once again its 850's are probably a touch too warm. Its tried several times to get my area at +24 at 850 and its yet to happen. However, its done ok with central NC from about RDU to central VA numerous times showing that.

Next up for part of GA and maybe the Carolinas is a possible weak mid level spin at 850. I hesitate to call it an 850 low really but its probably a result of the strong divergence thats now coming into the Tenn. Valley and should help spark a few good rounds of storms. If they can really cluster and spin, some areas will get a nice rain fall the next couple of days. Hard to say where that will be, the models really like GA and the cArolinas piedmont and even the coast, so we'll see how they handle this. We're really due for a sizeable chunk of real estate to get into a huge rain mass that persists a while, this might just help some folks out.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am heading down to GA on Friday to visit the family!!!! Can y'all plllllllllllleeeeeeease turn down the heat and the turn off the sweat machines. I am not used to the humidity anymore...lol

Um if you really loved your fellow se peeps you would bring some of your cool weather here for us lol

Up around Jason and a few others...

------------------------------------------------SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

321 PM EDT SAT JUL 30 2011

...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR DIME SIZED HAIL AND 35 MPH WINDS

IN LUMPKIN AND HALL COUNTIES UNTIL 345 PM EDT...

AT 320 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

STRONG THUNDERSTORM OVER DAHLONEGA...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE DIME SIZED HAIL...FREQUENT

CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND WIND GUSTS TO 35 MPH

AS IT MOVES ACROSS LUMPKIN AND HALL COUNTIES THROUGH 345 PM EDT.

SOME LOCATIONS IN THE PATH OF THIS STORM INCLUDE

DAHLONEGA...AURARIA...MURRAYVILLE...CLERMONT AND GARLAND. BRIEF

HEAVY DOWNPOURS WILL CAUSE PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS.

I am heading down to GA on Friday to visit the family!!!! Can y'all plllllllllllleeeeeeease turn down the heat and the turn off the sweat machines. I am not used to the humidity anymore...lol

Hey, Chris! You know, since you decided to leave us we have suffered two awful summers, and one delightful winter. I don't know what, if any of it is attributable to you, but we need to have another great winter here, or we may all be moving out there to stay with you, lol. No pressure, just sayin' ;) Tony

Not exactly what I was hoping for. Once again, almost gets here full strength and then fizzles. rolleyes.gif

.06" But it is cooler.

I took a trip up to Big Canoe, GA. Pretty close to Jasper. They got absolutely clocked up there, extremely heavy rain, lightning, and thunder for about an hour. Literally it was dry the whole way up until about 5 miles from the property then the bottom dropped out. It was actually pretty darn neat seeing the rain sheet move in over the ridge lines and mountains. It was dry one second, I told my fiance to look over to the left and you could see this massive sheet in the distance then we hit it and boy was it bad.. On the way back it was ponding on roadways for the first 10 minutes down then you could see dry spots mixed in.... Then as I got into Cobb it looked as if it hardly rained, then once I got to Marietta, it way DRY :arrowhead:. Currently getting a sprinkle here at the house with parched grounds still. Just wow.......

I was sitting at 101 when a storm fired up just east by a couple of miles. Usually i'd be mad cause I missed the rain but I caught an outflow that dropped me to a pleasant 86 degrees! Despite missing the rain I can't complain on how much that storm affected my area with the temp drop.

There's not a whole lot going on radarwise in NC right now, but hopping around on the different velocity scans, outflow boundaries are dancing around like spider lightning... they're everywhere!. Fun stuff to watch when your backyard weather is boring and redundant :)

I'm officially on the KATL hits 100 at some point this upcoming week. The GFS is just being too adamant about it. Add in the facts that as Robert said winds are going to be in a good position to make those surface temps go way up, All other data about this upcoming week suggests it will be the hottest we have seen in north Georgia year to date. That all equals a 100+ day at some point. I honestly would not be surprised to see it happen more than once but I'll stick with one day for now. We shall see if the GFS burns me again, But just to note I've yet to call for a 100 degree day in north Georgia so lets see if this actually happens or not! I'm not the best guy to be making predictions like this but I have lived here a long time as an adamant weather enthusiast. I know the climo very well around here, I really think this time we hit that magic number.

Invest 91 looks more organized...Air Force will investigate tomorrow. Ship observation around the system clocked 20 knots.

Possible location Friday according to the GFDL model.

slp21.png

Possible location Friday according to the HWRF model.

slp21.png

Lets hope the models keep on trending West so the Southeast can get drought relief.

two_atl.gif

I'm having one crazy electrical storm right now..... storms are parked just to my south and west but the bolts are striking everywhere....... please God move just a few more miles east to give me rain!

On another interesting note my temp has risen 6 degrees in the past 30 minutes as the storm is strengthening.

Archived