Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CPC strongly indicating more above normal temps for the entire country in the long range, except for south Florida and the west coast. 80%+ chance of above normal in the Great Lakes days 6-10, with a large area of 60%+ encompassing much of the country. 8-14 day also shows high chances of heat.

The NOAA hazards assessment is also indicating a large area of extreme heat from the Dakotas and southern MN all the way to Texas for the July 14 through 18th timeframe.

It's just miserable here in Murray. It hit 97 and the dew-point was 80. It felt like 113 at the worst part of the day. I'm ready for that first August cold front that brings some 70's for a high.

Maybe by the end of August, if you're lucky. But I don't see this summer going down without a fight -- hot summers rarely seem to go away with a whimper. So I suspect the worst is still to come later this month and in early/mid August.

Dewpoint hit 80 today in Cincinnati. (for that matter, it's STILL 80 at 11 PM)

Local TV just said (I find this slightly hard to believe, but it's true) today was only the FOURTH time CInci has had an 80 dewpoint in the last 81 years.

Lots of distant lightning to the north and east ..... but we're going to miss that chance of relief. Decent chance at a low of 80+.

Dewpoint hit 80 today in Cincinnati. (for that matter, it's STILL 80 at 11 PM)

Local TV just said (I find this slightly hard to believe, but it's true) today was only the FOURTH time CInci has had an 80 dewpoint in the last 81 years.

Lots of distant lightning to the north and east ..... but we're going to miss that chance of relief. Decent chance at a low of 80+.

Or maybe not on an 80+ low. Dewpoint just free-fell from 80 where I am to 66 in an hour as a outflow boundary came by.

Will see if that makes it out to the airport.

Made it into the mid-upper 80's with low 70 dp's here at White Pines...

The morning derecho that featured 60mph+ winds, which knocked down numerous tree's, tree branches, flattened corn, and caused numerous power outages.

Back home it made it into the upper 80's. The derecho also hit there with much of the same...60mph or so winds, tree branches down, and power outages.

Feel pretty good about my July outlook so far. Took a lot of flak for it, but it looks pretty good to me. And we're now more than a third of the way through the month, with long-range outlooks indicating continued heat lasting at least until the last 10 days of the month.

post-2666-0-79265700-1310479643.png

post-2666-0-53435000-1310479655.png

post-2666-0-33675700-1310479727.gif

We've been fretting on the Mid-Atlantic board about next week's possible heat, but you guys would bear the brunt of it. Can't be too often that the 594 line makes it to the Canadian border in the northern plains.

12z GFS

post-1746-0-96388100-1310489385.gif

Wow. No wonder CPC has 80+% chance of above normal temps in the midwest and Great Lakes next week. Maybe the 600 dm line will make an appearance.

Might need a sweater or light jacket tomorrow with highs only in the low '70s. :snowman:

Absolutelythumbsupsmileyanim.gif Even out here in the burbs it'l probably only get into the mid 70's, gonna feel noicee.. Snowman.gifscooter.gif

North Shore might not even make it out of the 60's with the Full Fetch NE wind..

Damn I just checked your point and click forecast. I wish I lived by the lake during summer...

Looks like a good chance to get some more (maybe even a heat wave) late this weekend into early next week.

Yeah I am not a fan, hard to sleep during the day when its in the 90s, but it has to be done as my weekend shifts are midnights.

Archived