Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really would be nice if we got a storm or two to take the edge off the heat.

95/79 (HI 113) for IND currently.

The outflow and couple of drops of rain earlier this afternoon here were nice. We're back to the soup now, though I'm sure it would have been much more miserable if we had remained clear in LAF (higher temps). Would be nice to see a few storms tonight, but I'm not counting on it.

HUF at 4PM: 96/79/114

A couple day break for a few this week, and then the 12z Euro drops the hammer by the weekend into early next week.

I'm personally looking forward to October. :guitar:

Hopefully Saturday can be decent. Son's 18th birthday is this weekend and he's want to have a bonfire..

It feels like you are in some kind of space suit on the moon - just came in from outside - just a weird feeling to air like this - quite amazing! :snowman:

Like it's called "The air you can wear"!

:snowman: Try to think cold thoughts here.. But I wonder how long a regular snowman (3" tall) would last in heat like this? :snowman:

Me either. It has to be awful.

Up to 95/82 here at 6PM. Heat index of 119...worst in the state of Indiana at 6PM. No mas.

I think this might be our highest heat index since 7/30/99. I remember some days in the low 110's since then but nothing this hot. The scary thing is that our temperature rise was subdued for a few hours with those clouds/outflow.

I will remember this day for a long time. Not so much the air temp but the fact that we paired an 82 degree dewpoint with it. Hell on earth came to our backyards today.

I think this might be our highest heat index since 7/30/99. I remember some days in the low 110's since then but nothing this hot. The scary thing is that our temperature rise was subdued for a few hours with those clouds/outflow.

I will remember this day for a long time. Not so much the air temp but the fact that we paired an 82 degree dewpoint with it. Hell on earth came to our backyards today.

I certainly can't remember a heat index this high in my time living here. Truly hell on earth. Might not be done with days like this if the Euro gets its way early next week. Might not be a 1936 redux, but this is shaping up to be an all-timer.

Decent looking cell...if will miss us to the south though if it has any southerly component to the motion.

Looks like a miss to the south. One already missed to the north, and the next to the south.

Remember how well I fared the last time I played this game? :whistle:

Archived