Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

Congrats. ;)

I'm heading over to my friend's pool soon. She just texted me and said the water temp is 89. :lol::axe:

You're probably better off just standing outside.

100 might be asking for a bit much even without debris. I had 91 or 92 at 11 AM in mind if we were going to have a decent shot and I doubt we can pull that off.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're probably better off just standing outside.

100 might be asking for a bit much even without debris. I had 91 or 92 at 11 AM in mind if we were going to have a decent shot and I doubt we can pull that off.

lol, yeah.

So maybe 97-98 then.

Some returns developing in central IL, but looks like they'll miss well to the north of us if they make it.

Clouds putting a hold on the temp rise at STL at the moment. Dew has dropped a bit too.

11 08:51 W 14 10.00 Mostly Cloudy FEW080 SCT140 BKN200 87 70 29.92 1011.7

11 07:51 W 13 10.00 Mostly Cloudy FEW100 SCT140 BKN200 86 72 29.90 1010.8

11 06:51 W 8 10.00 Mostly Cloudy SCT150 BKN200 86 72 88 85 29.89 1010.5

11 05:51 SW 8 10.00 A Few Clouds FEW150 85 74 29.86 1009.6

11 04:51 SW 9 10.00 Fair CLR 85 75 29.85 1009.2

87/79 at 11AM. Clouds have moved in here, though still some filtered sunshine. We'll call it partly cloudy I guess.

92 at IND as of noon. Looks like a more sunny trend will emerge for us over the rest of the afternoon but those clouds and what seemed like a little outflow (though probably pretty shallow) passing through will take some edge off our temps. We may have to live vicariously through IND/HUF.

92 at IND as of noon. Looks like a more sunny trend will emerge for us over the rest of the afternoon but those clouds and what seemed like a little outflow (though probably pretty shallow) passing through will take some edge off our temps. We may have to live vicariously through IND/HUF.

Just got rained on. Mixed sun at best. ;)

More like whoever made that forecast needed a miracle. Even if it crested 2-3 hours from now, you still don't hit 99.

It was the crappy low-budget Fox News station, so tawful forecasts like that are to be expected.

What's scary is most around here consider them to have the most accurate weather forecasts, lol.

It was the crappy low-budget Fox News station, so tawful forecasts like that are to be expected.

What's scary is most around here consider them to have the most accurate weather forecasts, lol.

They are usually the most conservative in winter and most of the time that wins out. As far as today, we are missing some of the backend, much needed rain. A few raindrops here and there after it poured for about 5 minutes

Oh it didn't rain much here. Anyway, back to full sunshine now. Dew hasn't gotten knocked down...doesn't feel as terrible now as it did earlier.

Yeah, just hit 90. Question now is whether we can still muster an 80 degree dewpoint. Upper 70's aren't that far away but that outflow may have done enough damage. Time will tell.

At the official IN sites...Shelbyville is leading the heat index race with 111. Terre Haute and Bloomington are both sporting 110.

94/80/114 at Cincinnati Municipal Airport. ILN upgraded parts of its CWA to a heat warning.

Yeah, just hit 90. Question now is whether we can still muster an 80 degree dewpoint. Upper 70's aren't that far away but that outflow may have done enough damage. Time will tell.

Just wondering , but does LAF report off hour dews? You know, in case we peaked at 80 earlier.

IND pulled the trigger on an excessive heat warning for the south

..EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING.

* TEMPERATURE...HEAT INDEX VALUES FROM 110 TO 115 THIS AFTERNOON WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 90S.

Archived