Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still 87 in St. Louis. They might not drop below 84 or 85 at this rate.

Odds are rapidly increasing that we see upper 90's here and what was once a small probability scenario of reaching 100 looks like it has a fighting chance. Will have to make sure that cloud debris won't be an issue but low level thermal fields/mixing off the RUC and the newest run of the HRRR both support highs in the upper 90's to near 100. I expect local heat indices in western Indiana to top out in the 112-117 range.

78/71 here at 7AM.

Today is going to suck.

We went up 15 degrees between 7 and 11 AM yesterday.

First look at visible satellite shows that we should have completely unobstructed sun at least for a couple hours. Then we may have to deal with some blowoff from the convection in IL but still a bit hard to say how much of a problem that may be. I mean, I don't expect it to hold us down too much but everything matters when you're trying to shoot for the century mark. I went back and looked at 7/13/95 and 7/30/99...a couple of our really hot days which also had very high low level moisture. We started off pretty similar to where we're at right now...one day had a high of 99 and the other 100 and both had dewpoints in the upper 70's/low 80's. My brain says to not call for 100 since it hasn't happened in 12 years and we still don't know the exact details about the cloud situation but it is definitely not out of the question. I'd probably go with 98 or something for now.

7/24/1901

Looks like 85 was the low for STL, so no all time July record.

The record high for today is 106 set in 1966.

To expand on this a little, 86 is the all time record high min for STL. Matter of fact, their second highest high min record is 85 set on 8/19/1936.

78/71 here at 7AM.

Today is going to suck.

No doubt about that. I knew when I opened the back door this morning to let the dogs out it felt pretty warm already.

Going to look at my pics back from this past winter snow and think of how chilly it was back then.. :lol:

We went up 15 degrees between 7 and 11 AM yesterday.

First look at visible satellite shows that we should have completely unobstructed sun at least for a couple hours. Then we may have to deal with some blowoff from the convection in IL but still a bit hard to say how much of a problem that may be. I mean, I don't expect it to hold us down too much but everything matters when you're trying to shoot for the century mark. I went back and looked at 7/13/95 and 7/30/99...a couple of our really hot days which also had very high low level moisture. We started off pretty similar to where we're at right now...one day had a high of 99 and the other 100 and both had dewpoints in the upper 70's/low 80's. My brain says to not call for 100 since it hasn't happened in 12 years and we still don't know the exact details about the cloud situation but it is definitely not out of the question. I'd probably go with 98 or something for now.

80 at 8AM.

I just went and looked at 7/30/99 because you mentioned it. At 8AM that day, it was 83/77. Oh my.

98? Weak. :P

No doubt about that. I knew when I opened the back door this morning to let the dogs out it felt pretty warm already.

Going to look at my pics back from this past winter snow and think of how chilly it was back then.. :lol:

Good idea. :snowman:

I think 8 AM back then is really 9 AM now. :lol: Not sure though...this state has been screwy over the years.

Ah yes I forgot that time didn't "change" back then in Indiana. :wacko: Still, awful for 8 or 9AM.

Really? I think an afternoon storm will limit us.

I'm hoping on Hoosier's bandwagon. :scooter:

Not that he's exactly calling for it, but he thinks we get close. I for one would gladly take a thunderstorm or two though instead...don't get me wrong. ;)

86/78 (98 HI)...you were way off. :P

I just got back from a little jog. Brutal. Today is a reminder why summer is my least favorite season. :(

Was outside about 30 minutes ago, absolutely nasty outside. I love warm weather, but this is a little over the top.

Pretty crazy how the dewpoint has just jumped over the last 3 hours..

Was outside about 30 minutes ago, absolutely nasty outside. I love warm weather, but this is a little over the top.

It's a lot over the top. The humidity is just stifling. I mean I can take temps in the 90's but dewpoints approaching 80 are just stupid. Speaking of, Grissom checking in with a 80 dew at 10AM. LAF fails again.

NAM 2m was progging 87/80 here at 11 AM. I'll take the over on temp but dewpoint could be very close.

It's a lot over the top. The humidity is just stifling. I mean I can take temps in the 90's but dewpoints approaching 80 are just stupid. Speaking of, Grissom checking in with a 80 dew at 10AM. LAF fails again.

Don't worry, we will be joining them. :devilsmiley:

Archived