• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Potential thunderstorms/svr thunderstorms Thread

tombo82685

This reminds me of the North Jersey/Central Jersey/South Jersey arguments... but in reality, all of New Castle should be considered northern Delaware. Kent is central, Sussex is southern. Of course, some North Jersey folks think the only part of Jersey that is part of northern Jersey is Bergen County :lol:

RE: DE I've always thought the canal was the divider between Upper and Lower (Slower) Delaware. There's a huge culture change once you cross that canal bridge on 1 lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: DE I've always thought the canal was the divider between Upper and Lower (Slower) Delaware. There's a huge culture change once you cross that canal bridge on 1 lol.

I always have issues with "cultural" divides since they're really hard to be objective about. Geographically, New Castle=northern, Kent=central and Sussex=southern makes the most sense.

I am not too far from Northern DE and yesterday was strange. There's got to be a dome\shield nearby as it did pour imby around 3pm, however, nothing happened down the street.:whistle:

My Shield held back here while i went up to the New England states. LOL. Seriously though where i live got nothing over the weekend. Hopefully things can change enough to get us into the zone of good enough thunderstorms with some decent rains.

this is how us Delawareans generally look at it...slower lower begins at the canal...

in any event, mby (north wilmington) has been pretty dry...storms have fizzled for the most part...

It really has been crazy to watch very strong storms out in the York/Lancaster area weaken significantly as they approach us and then suddenly perk back up as they cross the DE river and pummel SJ. SJ has been jackpot pretty much all summer long.

My Shield held back here while i went up to the New England states. LOL. Seriously though where i live got nothing over the weekend. Hopefully things can change enough to get us into the zone of good enough thunderstorms with some decent rains.

Yes, I'm hopeful that in a couple of weeks when I go south (OBX) I will use my super powers to push the jet back north and you'll get some low pressure systems along it. Will that help?

It really has been crazy to watch very strong storms out in the York/Lancaster area weaken significantly as they approach us and then suddenly perk back up as they cross the DE river and pummel SJ. SJ has been jackpot pretty much all summer long.

That is a shame. It has been so wet here in the Lower Susquehanna Valley. Here in Harrisburg we are at our third wettest to date total for the year so far.

I always have issues with "cultural" divides since they're really hard to be objective about.

In DE's case it's not too subjective. Crossing that bridge on 1 will put you in a different world...it's literally suburban East Coast versus rural backwater. ;)

^^^

Ooo come on! You just gave everyone a hard on for today! Lol. Partly cloudy here in se pa

Ha! I'll be watching the vis. sat. and radar like a hawk today... just gotta get that first batch of rain through this morning before we can start anticipating storms later. 6z GFS showing 1000-1500 J/kg CAPE up that way... NAM is a Debbie Downer with only 500-1000 J/kg. 10z RUC tones down the CAPE a bit... around 1500.

That radar is looking mighty promising. This morning's Mt. Holly AFD was pretty bullish on precip for everybody, whether it's with this first shot or with decent convection later this afternoon from the Mason Dixon line south.

Even better is the significant cool air coming in for Thursday and Friday! And a long-wave pattern change that parks a trough in the eastern US! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived