• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
Potential thunderstorms/svr thunderstorms Thread

tombo82685

That whole line up to the north is tracking right at the whole area. IF it holds together, we'll be fine, and get hit sometime after dark, which was called for in the last couple days. Question is, will it hold together.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd be getting severe storms every time. :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPC has far southern Jersey in the slight for today. Maybe, just maybe? :lol:

...OH RIVER VALLEY/MID-ATLANTIC/CAROLINAS...

EXPECTED DIURNALLY MODULATED STRONG-SEVERE STORM CLUSTERS TO BEGIN

TO DEVELOP/INTENSIFY BY MIDDAY ACROSS THESE REGIONS AS THE BOUNDARY

LAYER DESTABILIZES APPRECIABLY IN AREAS PREFERENTIALLY ABSENT OF

CLOUD DEBRIS FROM OVERNIGHT CONVECTION. MODEST MID LEVEL LAPSE

RATES DEPICTED ON AREA FORECAST SOUNDINGS AND MARGINAL DEEP NWLY

FLOW WILL TEND TO LIMIT THE OVERALL COVERAGE/SEVERITY OF

STORMS...DESPITE EXPECTED RELATIVELY HIGHER STORM CONCENTRATIONS IN

THE CNTRL APPALACHIANS/MID-ATLANTIC REGION. SPORADIC POCKETS OF

WIND DMG MAY ACCOMPANY THE MORE ROBUST STORMS...AS WELL AS AN

ATTENDANT HAIL RISK /BECOMING MORE MARGINAL WITH EWD EXTENT/.

Saturday afternoon and night may be the first day to watch for area from dyl to rdg on south. A weak front approaching from north looks to drop down into the area and stall rin the area.

Cape looks robust with areas going over 3000. The helicity and shear are pretty meager, so i wouldn;t expect widespread stuff but where the storms do pop they will contain hvy rain and possible svr weather

NAM_221_2011072200_F48_CAPE_SURFACE.png

LI looks to be -5 to -7

NAM_221_2011072200_F48_PLI_30_0_MB_ABOVE_GROUND.png

Storms blowing up everywhere but overhead here, lol. Oh well, still have time yet, and tomorrow. You make that fire at Home Depot today? Was listening to it, sounded like something decent there for a while.

yeah, i was looking east at the tops, wishing we had something decent here. o well!

i did not make that fire today. However, it was my 1st due company. it was a few trash cans/contents sitting by the compactor in the receiving area. more bark than bite. but in hindsight, thats the luxory of quick responses and knock downs. Always fun to see the Super PPV in service(hovercraft!)

yeah, i was looking east at the tops, wishing we had something decent here. o well!

i did not make that fire today. However, it was my 1st due company. it was a few trash cans/contents sitting by the compactor in the receiving area. more bark than bite. but in hindsight, thats the luxory of quick responses and knock downs. Always fun to see the Super PPV in service(hovercraft!)

:lmao: Yea, that thing Eddystone has is ridiculous. It gets more calls for ventilation, then it does as an actual hovercraft.

it will be interesting to see how far east that line progresses. Most of the models kill it as it gets to the del river. Makes sense, instability is kind of lacking from just east of the river to the ocean.\ from the easterly flow. Philly area is going to be the battle ground as they have a se wind.

it will be interesting to see how far east that line progresses. Most of the models kill it as it gets to the del river. Makes sense, instability is kind of lacking from just east of the river to the ocean.\ from the easterly flow. Philly area is going to be the battle ground as they have a se wind.

:popcorn:

I'll be content with .25"-.50" the NAM is showing. Heck, I'll take 1/2 of that.

Radar is looking good, but that has been the cases many times before prior to the fizzle.

Archived