• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JoeStafford75
    Newest Member
    JoeStafford75
Potential thunderstorms/svr thunderstorms Thread

tombo82685

Yeah, It really is crazy how we get missed here so often. I cannot remember the last time we had a thunderstorm with a good downpour.

Unbelievable- the extreme eastern side of the Lehigh Valley to Bucks to Trenton being nailed once again. Sure alot of whining in todays posts, evident of this weird weather pattern. Small shower for me this morning- just enough to get the ground wet. I agree though the donut hole lives on from SE Lehigh County, Montgomery County into Northern Delaware County. These storms form around us and then go around us. This pattern has to end soon. Even for isolated thunderstorms which usually remain stationary, these frickin isolated storms are moving away from us. It has to be Limerick hahah

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite our area but worth backing up my point about the SPC earlier in the thread:

Sterling wanted a watch when the SPC didn't (and didn't have them in a slight risk)...Sterling got their watch and magically a slight risk popped up over the watch area. :lol:

DISCUSSION...ISOLATEDTHUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEGUN FORMING OVER NORTHERN

WV AND MD. THESE STORMS WILL SPREAD SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARDACROSS THE

WATCH AREA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. DEEP LAYER FLOW ISRATHER

WEAK...WHICH WILL LIKELY LIMIT COVERAGE OF INTENSE STORMS.

HOWEVER...PERCOORDINATION WITH LOCAL OFFICE...BELIEVE THERE MAY BE

SUFFICIENT THREAT OF LOCALLY GUSTY/DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL FOR WATCH

ISSUANCE.

As mentioned by ParanormalWx, SPC's risk outlooks aren't really intended for the public, they're intended for meteorologists. Only their watch boxes are truly intended for the public. That said, yes the wording of "slight risk", "moderate risk" and "high risk" can be confusing to the public... but of course, its not really for them.

...but they are communicated to the public via TV and broadcast media. While the risk area isn't necessarily designed for the public, they are hearing about it/seeing it.

The storm in Toms River is just sitting parallel to Route 37! It is converging with the storm from Monmouth County. Lots of heavy rain, lightning and thunder right now.

Ocean County FD/PD/EMS Communications having major issues right now. The radio room is flooding out, 2 working structure fires ongoing, 1 with double entrapment, from earlier. And now multiple lightning strikes on houses, etc.

Ocean County FD/PD/EMS Communications having major issues right now. The radio room is flooding out, 2 working structure fires ongoing, 1 with double entrapment, from earlier. And now multiple lightning strikes on houses, etc.

I'm not surprised-there's a lot of lightning going on right now and very heavy flooding rains. Finally there is some movement with the storms and they are moving south again.

Well would you look at that ! Ocean County is getting hit again. What's new ?:axe: What I find unbelievable is how the portion of the line over SEPA just dies and the part in NJ strengthens when parameters are much better over PA. :devilsmiley:

You can see exactly what happened. The storms in Jersey, interacted with the seabreeze front, and exploded, killing the storms to the west. And don't be too quick to whine, look up north near Wilkes-Barre, you're not done by any means tonight.

You can see exactly what happened. The storms in Jersey, interacted with the seabreeze front, and exploded, killing the storms to the west. And don't be too quick to whine, look up north near Wilkes-Barre, you're not done by any means tonight.

Yeah, this cell keeps getting larger as it progresses SE...

1.06" of rain now for the day.

s eater do you have the frequency for ocean county?

they're following same general path as the earlier warned storms in the northern burbs of Philly. They may come down a bit more to the west but there will be some screwing from that cell as well.

Yeah, that cell up by wilkes-barre will be our chance later on. Hopefully it can hold together. We have been getting screwed by most of everything lately though.

they're following same general path as the earlier warned storms in the northern burbs of Philly. They may come down a bit more to the west but there will be some screwing from that cell as well.

Oh of course, somebody will for sure will get shafted. Hell, if anybody should be whining about this cell in Jersey, its me. It's just far enough away from me, because of the road network between here and there, it would take me at least an hour to get to it. So it's too far to go after. Not the way I work though, whining gets ya nowhere, lol.

This thing is pumping out so much lightning it's ridiculous, lightning strike calls everywhere in Ocean County right now. And it's heading right for LBI, packed with people for the 4th.

ocean co communactons is out of service working out of a mobile command trailer

...but they are communicated to the public via TV and broadcast media. While the risk area isn't necessarily designed for the public, they are hearing about it/seeing it.

That may be. But you won't ever go to the point-and-click forecast and see a headline for "slight risk of severe weather".

Well would you look at that ! Ocean County is getting hit again. What's new ?:axe: What I find unbelievable is how the portion of the line over SEPA just dies and the part in NJ strengthens when parameters are much better over PA. :devilsmiley:

I didnt get any thunderstorm here at all, cant remember the last one now, still have a ton of footage to go through between both hobbies, so basically my other hobby DX'ing has been taking front and center so i havent been fully tracking things as of late. But it just rained enough to dampen the ground barely wet it. Hopefully this week i will get some good stuff to film, usually the best thunderstorms occur in July till Mid Sept. here so hopefully that will happen.

Day 2 and 3 see texts, sounds like some potential coming up.

DAY 2 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0100 AM CDT TUE JUL 05 2011

...NEW ENGLAND/NORTHEAST STATES...

ON THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY OF AN EASTERN CANADA UPPER TROUGH...HEIGHT

FALLS/RELATIVELY STRONG FLOW ALOFT WILL OVERSPREAD MUCH OF NY/NEW

ENGLAND ON WEDNESDAY. AHEAD OF AN ADVANCING COLD FRONT...A MODESTLY

FAVORABLE COMBINATION OF VERTICAL SHEAR/POTENTIAL INSTABILITY MAY

YIELD A THREAT FOR MULTICELLS CAPABLE OF ISOLATED DAMAGING

WINDS/HAIL WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING. SUCH A THREAT MAY BE FOCUSED

ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTHERN NY AND NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND /WHILE THE

EXACT DEGREE OF DESTABILIZATION IS UNCERTAIN/...AND/OR IN VICINITY

OF A PRE-FRONTAL SURFACE TROUGH ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD WHERE

SOMEWHAT STRONGER DESTABILIZATION IS MORE PROBABLE.

DAY 3 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0230 AM CDT TUE JUL 05 2011

...SOUTHEAST/MID-ATLANTIC STATES AND CAROLINAS...

VERY MOIST AIRMASS WITH SURFACE DEWPOINTS NEAR/ABOVE 70 F WILL

PERSIST ALONG/SOUTH OF A ROUGHLY WSW-ENE ORIENTED FRONTAL ZONE.

RELATIVELY WEAK LARGE SCALE FORCING FOR ASCENT/WEAK VERTICAL SHEAR

WILL COINCIDE WITH THE BULK OF THE WARM/MOIST SECTOR...BUT THE

STRONGER PULSE-TYPE/MULTICELL STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF DOWNBURSTS

AND SOME HAIL.

That storm probably looked better on radar than it really was, but it was probably still cool for you ShoreWXGal

The storm was quite severe here in Brigantine. A house not a mile away from me was struck by lightning which caused a pretty large fire.

UUS51 KPHI 061723

SVRPHI

DEC001-003-NJC011-033-061815-

/O.NEW.KPHI.SV.W.0140.110706T1723Z-110706T1815Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

123 PM EDT WED JUL 6 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

NORTH CENTRAL KENT COUNTY IN CENTRAL DELAWARE...

SOUTHERN NEW CASTLE COUNTY IN NORTHERN DELAWARE...

NORTHWESTERN CUMBERLAND COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

SOUTHWESTERN SALEM COUNTY IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 215 PM EDT

* AT 120 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED

A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS TO 60

MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR GREEN SPRING...OR 10 MILES

SOUTHEAST OF MIDDLETOWN...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR...

PORT PENN AND 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF NEWPORT MEADOWS AROUND 200 PM

EDT...

HANCOCKS BRIDGE AROUND 210 PM EDT...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM. IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...PREPARE

IMMEDIATELY FOR DAMAGING WINDS...DESTRUCTIVE HAIL...AND DEADLY CLOUD

TO GROUND LIGHTNING. PEOPLE OUTSIDE SHOULD MOVE TO A SHELTER...

PREFERABLY INSIDE A STRONG BUILDING BUT AWAY FROM WINDOWS.

&&

Archived