• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Potential thunderstorms/svr thunderstorms Thread

tombo82685

Going to be another day of disappointment here in New Castle county. Things keep pulsing up to my SW and then quickly dying off. Radar is horribly blank in general down towards Balt/DC....dew points are falling. What a waste of a week.

yup. DP is 74. how dry! it's like the Sahara out there! Too bad there isn't a cold front plowing into 2000 J/Kg of SBCAPE or anything like that. Oh well, so boring.

Seriously nobody cares about whether or not your backyard gets a thunderstorm, and it's not automatically a region-wide bust if your backyard doesn't get a massive hit. Now you and all the rest of the my-yard-is-so-dry weenies need to shut up

</rant>

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also interesting how you can clearly see a boundary moving through SNJ on KDIX. Has the warm front (actually now a cold front) sagged that far south? It looks too long to be outflow from the earlier storms in Monmouth and Ocean but I guess it could be

Seriously nobody cares about whether or not your backyard gets a thunderstorm, and it's not automatically a region-wide bust if your backyard doesn't get a massive hit. Now you and all the rest of the my-yard-is-so-dry weenies need to shut up

</rant>

Weenie banter needs to stay in the obs/banter thread, I agree. This should be about storm threat/analysis/reports.

yup. DP is 74. how dry! it's like the Sahara out there! Too bad there isn't a cold front plowing into 2000 J/Kg of SBCAPE or anything like that. Oh well, so boring.

</rant>

Yup, 89/69 here, my god, it's skyrocketing down, lemme tell ya. I love people calling bust 5 hours before the watch even ends. The front is NOT moving hardly at all. But this type of whining is nothing new from some in this subforum. And usually they get hit a few hours later. And funny how some people don't learn even after being 5 posted.

I've got 85/68 here which is basically a normal summer day and nothing special. Winds were actually coming out of the N for a while and have shifted to the W so the front may actually be close to being through as many in the MA forum believe. Cold front is weak and disorganized. Except for one single cell the ENTIRE state of of MD is devoid of storms as is most of NOVA so to me things look rather bleak here. North of the PA line may do well but I just think below that we won't see anything.

I never said it was a region-wide bust....I specifically referenced NCC and how we haven't seen anything of note all week really...a few run of the mill thundershowers.

</rant>

I've got 85/68 here which is basically a normal summer day and nothing special. Winds were actually coming out of the N for a while and have shifted to the W so the front may actually be close to being through as many in the MA forum believe. Cold front is weak and disorganized. Except for one single cell the ENTIRE state of of MD is devoid of storms as is most of NOVA so to me things look rather bleak here. North of the PA line may do well but I just think below that we won't see anything.

I never said it was a region-wide bust....I specifically referenced NCC and how we haven't seen anything of note all week really...a few run of the mill thundershowers.

Of course those areas are devoid of storms. They're BEHIND the front. :lmao:

That is my point exactly....the front is on the doorstep of the DE river/bay already and nothing much of note has happened and I don't expect it will down this way.

Dp has dropped 3 degrees to 65 within the past hour.

Of course those areas are devoid of storms. They're BEHIND the front. :lmao:

New Meso

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1376

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0313 PM CDT FRI JUN 24 2011

AREAS AFFECTED...PORTIONS ERN PA...NJ...DELMARVA REGION...SERN

VA...NERN NC.

CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 544...545...

VALID 242013Z - 242145Z

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH

544...545...CONTINUES.

SVR POTENTIAL CONTINUES OVER WWS...WHICH MAY BE CLEARED BEHIND WRN

COLD FRONT AS DESCRIBED BELOW.

SFC MESOANALYSIS SHOWS COLD FRONT CONTINUING TO MOVE EWD ACROSS

CENTRAL NY...ERN PA...AND NRN MD. FRONT OVER ERN VA AND NRN NC IS

MANIFEST ATTM AS WIND SHIFT...WITH TEMPORARILY WARMER SFC TEMPS AT

SEVERAL LOCALES BEHIND IT DUE TO DOWNSLOPE EFFECTS AND DIABATIC

HEATING OF DRIER AIR MASS. THIS FRONT SHOULD SERVE AS WRN BOUND OF

SVR THREAT. QUASISTATIONARY CONFLUENCE LINE FROM RDU AREA NEWD

ACROSS SRN CHESAPEAKE BAY TO SRN DE ALSO IS FOCUSING STG-SVR TSTM

DEVELOPMENT IN AND NEAR WW 545. MEANWHILE...ERN FRONTAL ZONE HAS

MOVED SLIGHTLY SWWD ACROSS CENTRAL/SRN NJ...PERHAPS WITH AID FROM

OUTFLOW PRODUCED BY EARLIER CONVECTION OVER JERSEY SHORE. THIS

FRONT INTERSECTS ANOTHER OUTFLOW BOUNDARY OVER PHL AREA...WHERE

ADDITIONAL TSTM INITIATION MAY BE FOCUSED. S OF THIS INTERSECTION

AND E OF WRN FRONT...AIR MASS WILL REMAIN FAVORABLE WITH SFC DEW

POINTS UPPER 60S TO LOW 70S F...COMBINING WITH AFTERNOON DIABATIC

HEATING TO YIELD NARROW CORRIDOR OF MUCAPE 1500-2000 J/KG OVER SRN

NJ AND DELMARVA REGION THAT BROADENS SSWWD ACROSS SERN VA AND ERN

NC.

..EDWARDS.. 06/24/2011

I wont be able to chase at all Traffic is horrible everywhere. So this time i will just stay put. Goodluck to all. Now let me hold hope that i will comeup with something here so i dont have to try to chase, even though there is no point with traffic being so bad.

Yeah took me about 2 and half hours to get down to wildwood usually takes hour and half.

Warning just posted on Mercer/Bucks storm:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NJC019-021-023-035-PAC017-242115-

/O.NEW.KPHI.SV.W.0128.110624T2020Z-110624T2115Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

420 PM EDT FRI JUN 24 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN MERCER COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW JERSEY...

WESTERN MIDDLESEX COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK...

SOUTHERN SOMERSET COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...

SOUTHEASTERN HUNTERDON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...

EAST CENTRAL BUCKS COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 515 PM EDT

* AT 416 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS TO 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR

PENNINGTON...OR 8 MILES NORTH OF TRENTON...AND MOVING EAST AT 25

MPH.

* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR...

SKILLMAN AROUND 425 PM EDT...

PRINCETON AROUND 430 PM EDT...

ROCKY HILL AROUND 435 PM EDT...

SOUTH BRUNSWICK AND KENDALL PARK AROUND 445 PM EDT...

DAYTON AROUND 450 PM EDT...

JAMESBURG AND NORTH BRUNSWICK AROUND 455 PM EDT...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...FREQUENT CLOUD TO

GROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. MOVE INDOORS

IMMEDIATELY! LIGHTNING IS ONE OF NATURES GREATEST KILLERS.

REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO BE

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM EDT FRIDAY

EVENING FOR DELAWARE AND NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND AN

We have not had any severe storms in the Edison so far this season.

Hopefully July brings some activity :arrowhead:

We joke at work that there is a dome over edison. Lol. Just seems like it always misses us. Although it was not severe, that thunder 2 weekends ago was probably the loudest I heard in my life.

We joke at work that there is a dome over edison. Lol. Just seems like it always misses us. Although it was not severe, that thunder 2 weekends ago was probably the loudest I heard in my life.

Only conclusion I get is that it is associated with Edison being near the bay or ocean.

we can't even enjoy a sea breeze storm

Archived