• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the charts gust front... the best in many years... must have been a solid 45mph+ from the NW. Was getting some great video until I got blasted in the face with blowing dust and couldn't see. While fumbling around, I must have hit the record button again so it stopped, but didn't realize until like 10 minutes later. :arrowhead:

Tons of lightning, but the majority of it was to my south which is hidden by trees. No terrifyingly close strikes this time.

Only really unexpected thing was the total lack of noteworthy rain... going by radar, I was expecting ferocious downpours but it never happened. Only picked up .21" and max rain rate was a dismal .85"/hr

yeah a bit disappointing thus far. every-once-in-a-while you see a segment that looks like it wants to race out and bow and do something noteworthy but nothing really materializes.

We'll have to see if that stuff approaching Townsend can accelerate ese.

Off the charts gust front... the best in many years... must have been a solid 45mph+ from the NW. Was getting some great video until I got blasted in the face with blowing dust and couldn't see. While fumbling around, I must have hit the record button again so it stopped, but didn't realize until like 10 minutes later. :arrowhead:

Tons of lightning, but the majority of it was to my south which is hidden by trees. No terrifyingly close strikes this time.

Only really unexpected thing was the total lack of noteworthy rain... going by radar, I was expecting ferocious downpours but it never happened. Only picked up .21" and max rain rate was a dismal .85"/hr

Agree on the gust front. The highlihgt. For a while there I was thnking we might have some trees coming down. Instead, just a big blowing way of the lawn chairs. i'll have to go down the hill to retrieve them later on.

65.1/62

Archived