• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MBY Question: Since this will be widespread, will I do fine north of Boston? I missed on on what move through Boston last week, but did get to view the awesome lightening.

Given that tstms are still 150 miles away...you can't really say you'll get hit, but everyone has a good chance at something. Small scale breaks in the lines of tstms just can't really be determined so far out.

Lightning was best part of that storm wind was like only 35-40mph

My wife actually taped about 8 minutes of it..before the best stuff hit. She managed to get about 6 strikes in front of us.....with one of the bolts that disrupted our power, accompanied by an explosion like sound.

Makes me think of "weiner-gate". lol

82.3 with dp back to 73. Even if I miss out on good storms, it'll be nice to have the putrid air out of the way. Hopefully the cooler/dryer will filter in quickly.

My wind has started to shiftt to the SE/E. What's that all aobut?

Jeez... 73 dews... that should be illegal.

I'm thinking it will still be pretty putrid even after this passes. Last week was the best (other than the death and destruction). Thurs and Friday of last week were so amazing

Don't want that if you don't have a garage (Pit, e.g.).

I thought you had like 7 outbuildings? you can't park a car in any of those?

We were discussing hail damage at lunch today. One of my co-workers went to Texas A&M and her car was dinged up pretty badly in a hailstorm once. $3000 damage...

I saw some dime and nickel sized last night but would love to see some golf balls... or larger.

Jeez... 73 dews... that should be illegal.

I'm thinking it will still be pretty putrid even after this passes. Last week was the best (other than the death and destruction). Thurs and Friday of last week were so amazing

They sure were. I had to leave Thursday morning for my daughter's graduation, but it felt like a fall morning. It was great.

Have had two rumbles to my north--not sure how that's possible given the radar. I didn't think I could hear things from above Rt. 9 (VT 9 that is).

Right now hoping BDL will work out b/c it's a great viewing location to the west...but also may head up Rt. 44 into Litchfield county...Canton/Torrington area where I was last night...found a spot with a great view.

I'm asking because (at least for the moment), the line really seems to be taking off and showing some decent bowing up to my north. Not sure what you're expecting to see today, but if you want huge straight-line winds, it seems like north may be best. Of course, that's just from looking at the development of the current line. Things definitely could change as the NY cells head into CT.

I'm asking because (at least for the moment), the line really seems to be taking off and showing some decent bowing up to my north. Not sure what you're expecting to see today, but if you want huge straight-line winds, it seems like north may be best. Of course, that's just from looking at the development of the current line. Things definitely could change as the NY cells head into CT.

It's pretty darn unstable out ahead of that line and were really recovering from that morning airmass so I think that line should strengthen as it heads this way...probably once it gets into eastern NY where the strongest instability exists. Timing is pretty damn perfect for much of MA/CT on this one.

Archived