• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

Paul, is that for BDL or region-wide? It's not very hot (81.9) but quite humid (DP of 71).

Just got back in from Easton. Had a couple good claps of thunder during my presentation. I'm glad I didn't lose power for my PowerPoint. Hopefully will get some action here.

That was looking at the mesoanalysis data on the SPC site...it was mainly for eastern NY

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like I'm in a good spot (in between albany and schenectady) for something in the next 45 minutes or so...sky to the west already starting to darken up a bit.

Yeah that storm is tracking right into the northern half of the Capital District. Colonie, Nisky, Guilderland all going to be under the gun.

Low level winds aren't nearly as backed as that day...but there could be some local areas in the valleys that have winds right at the sfc backed more as we currently see in ALB so an isolated tor could happen. But it definitely looks like more of a straight line wind threat versus 6/1 when we were juiced for tornadoes.

I still like to see the analysis if anyone has it.

not sure I agree - lots of hourly obs came in at 190 degrees. Granted there are those in the 250 range, but the mean is dead SW, and the trough arrival is NW--SE; that conceptually puts 90 degrees of potential direction shear. 700mb shows an arrivING WNW wind max prior to CF and nearing 00z.

Does havehave a stream line analysis product? I’d like to see the wind trajectories overall all… Decent gradient out there, perhaps more than modeled – I don’t know – but the feel of the day is starting to take on a June 1 vibe with nearing 90 and DP spiking underway... Trees are waving around pointing NE now.

Here are 10m streamlines and 2m dp from the 16z RUC initialization

post-128-0-75354100-1307640733.gif

The dewpoint seems more reasonable than the temp. Lots of stations are around 70 over. There is a large area of 20C+ 925mb dewpoints in PA and NY that area advecting this way.

Yeah that dewpoint seems about right given how they are in an area of ~70F dews...98F seems a tad high. Most of the 90's are down across NJ.

It's probably gonna take another two hours or so for recovery in SNE. I think those lower dews we have are a result of the morning tstms. Theta-e ridge out west just ahead of those storms....hopefully they don't outrun the best instability and weaken later on. It's sort of a race.

The dew here got unto 69 since dropped back to 65

Like I said earlier..those tstms disrupted the wind field..especially in wrn MA, CT, and into ern NY. Outflow winds were ne down that way this morning. Now they are shifting around to se and s and will likely become more sw-w in a few hours. We were never supposed to have those winds like that, but you can see most other places north of the CT and RI border have west to wsw winds.

looks like I'm in a good spot (in between albany and schenectady) for something in the next 45 minutes or so...sky to the west already starting to darken up a bit.

The Pit split the uprights on the storms last night and were a hair's-breadth too far west for this morning's stuff. Hopefully this line heading toward the CD will make up for it.

82.4/71

Like I said earlier..those tstms disrupted the wind field..especially in wrn MA, CT, and into ern NY. Outflow winds were ne down that way this morning. Now they are shifting around to se and s and will likely become more sw-w in a few hours. We were never supposed to have those winds like that, but you can see most other places north of the CT and RI border have west to wsw winds.

yeah that analysis was two hours old too.

South winds gusting to 12 mph in SECT

South winds gusting to 12 mph in SECT

We still have outflow type atmosphere right now. We gotta advect that out of here and get that airmass in NY and PA into this area. That's the only concern I have. Hopefully we can muster up those MLCAPES. We are slowly recovering, but still some work to do.

We still have outflow type atmosphere right now. We gotta advect that out of here and get that airmass in NY and PA into this area. That's the only concern I have. Hopefully we can muster up those MLCAPES. We are slowly recovering, but still some work to do.

DPs continue to drop at BID, down to 64 here, south wind doing it's marine thingy.

Archived