• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably gonna take another two hours or so for recovery in SNE. I think those lower dews we have are a result of the morning tstms. Theta-e ridge out west just ahead of those storms....hopefully they don't outrun the best instability and weaken later on. It's sort of a race.

It's probably gonna take another two hours or so for recovery in SNE. I think those lower dews we have are a result of the morning tstms. Theta-e ridge out west just ahead of those storms....hopefully they don't outrun the best instability and weaken later on. It's sort of a race.

Higher dews are slowly working in here...have some upper 60's dews in here now.

Does havehave a stream line analysis product? I’d like to see the wind trajectories overall all… Decent gradient out there, perhaps more than modeled – I don’t know – but the feel of the day is starting to take on a June 1 vibe with nearing 90 and DP spiking underway... Trees are waving around pointing NE now.

OMG

SBcape up to 5500 J/KG

MLcape up to 5000 J/KG

MUcape 5000 J/KG

Ncape up to 0.4

Dcape up to 1600 J/KG

LI -12C

35-40 knots of vertical shear,

If it becomes any more unstable I may blow.

Paul, is that for BDL or region-wide? It's not very hot (81.9) but quite humid (DP of 71).

Just got back in from Easton. Had a couple good claps of thunder during my presentation. I'm glad I didn't lose power for my PowerPoint. Hopefully will get some action here.

OMG

SBcape up to 5500 J/KG

MLcape up to 5000 J/KG

MUcape 5000 J/KG

Ncape up to 0.4

Dcape up to 1600 J/KG

LI -12C

35-40 knots of vertical shear,

If it becomes any more unstable I may blow.

That 5000J MLCAPE is suspect and the result of MSV being 98/71 which I doubt. 4000 to 4500J is more realistic and very impressive out that way.

Does havehave a stream line analysis product? I’d like to see the wind trajectories overall all… Decent gradient out there, perhaps more than modeled – I don’t know – but the feel of the day is starting to take on a June 1 vibe with nearing 90 and DP spiking underway... Trees are waving around pointing NE now.

Low level winds aren't nearly as backed as that day...but there could be some local areas in the valleys that have winds right at the sfc backed more as we currently see in ALB so an isolated tor could happen. But it definitely looks like more of a straight line wind threat versus 6/1 when we were juiced for tornadoes.

Triple bunner

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Archived