• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the vid I posted,that storm flew right over me before raking PVD.

Yeah I'm friend with him on twitter hahah He does the late night video grabs for local TV stations. And with a 77mph gust recorded at the Port of Providence, seems like 70-90mph microburst went through. Pretty impressive for 3AM with widespread damage.

That's why I feel confident cause our area doesn't look the best.. the spots that usually.look the worst get the best SVR

LOL keep dreaming ;)

You aren't changing the topography, that is one reason for the "dance around" by most of the severe weather here.

DEEP WLY TROPOSPHERIC WINDS AND 40-50 KT MID LEVEL WINDS INDICATE WIDESPREAD 60-80 MPH WINDS ARE EXPECTED...ONCE THE LINE/S BECOMES WELL ORGANIZED.

well obviously they aren't quite impressed enough to go PDS...but still...widespread 60-80mph suggests a derecho.

Yeah I like to reserve the term for the highest end of severe wx events. More than just an impressive QLCS

I see they didn't hatch the wind probabilities.

Isn't widespread 60-80 highest end for the most part? Especially in NE...

Having said that I realize winds with the worst derechos can exceed 100mph, but that is rare and generally not too widespread.

Yeah that would be high end... but they didn't even hatch the 45% wind probs. Maybe they will at 20z when it's apparent where the good stuff will form.

Archived