• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited for some storms tonight...

Can somebody explain this....

At around 11pm last night, a random lightning bolt hit my street and shut off the electricity. This would be normal, except the radar didn't show a thunderstorm in my area at the time. The only storm we had was between 9-10.... First time I've ever seen that. Does the radar not pick up thunderstorms frequently? I checked wunderground, turnto10, abc6, etc. etc and they all just showed light rain... no colors of a thunderstorm.

OT but how's the UK? You in school? Wife and I are slowly planning a move to Scotland, outside Glasgow..family is from there.

Stellar. Really love it here. Honestly not that much different than living in the city back home. Only real noticeable difference (and downfall) are prices. Food, drinks, transportation, etc. all horribly overpriced. Though I suppose that has more to do with the VAT tax. And weather has been perfect this year. Scotland is just wonderful. And yeah, I've been at school here.

Excited for some storms tonight...

Can somebody explain this....

At around 11pm last night, a random lightning bolt hit my street and shut off the electricity. This would be normal, except the radar didn't show a thunderstorm in my area at the time. The only storm we had was between 9-10.... First time I've ever seen that. Does the radar not pick up thunderstorms frequently? I checked wunderground, turnto10, abc6, etc. etc and they all just showed light rain... no colors of a thunderstorm.

huge + discharge maybe.

I know....I went over there last night actually....nice view of all that lightning from last night.....I also went over to uconn health center up on the hill....nice views there too....

I actually was going to head there at first then I went to BDL and then all the way to New Haven...or close to it.

Wow...check out those probs in the watch!

Probability of 2 or more tornadoes

Low (20%)

Probability of 1 or more strong (F2-F5) tornadoes

Low (5%)

Wind

Probability of 10 or more severe wind events

High (>95%)

Probability of 1 or more wind events > 65 knots

Mod (60%)

Hail

Probability of 10 or more severe hail events

High (90%)

Probability of 1 or more hailstones > 2 inches

Mod (60%)

Combined Severe Hail/Wind

Probability of 6 or more combined severe hail/wind events

High (>95%)

Stellar. Really love it here. Honestly not that much different than living in the city back home. Only real noticeable difference (and downfall) are prices. Food, drinks, transportation, etc. all horribly overpriced. Though I suppose that has more to do with the VAT tax. And weather has been perfect this year. Scotland is just wonderful. And yeah, I've been at school here.

Yeah, eu is definitely taxed up...I'm all for union though (three union cards myself) so it's all good. :)

Not really confident about this area...but Looks good for the usual suspects. You might want to gas up your vehicle. ;D

That's why I feel confident cause our area doesn't look the best.. the spots that usually.look the worst get the best SVR

Archived