• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note at least right now were still holding onto S/SE sfc wind directions...even a few N/NE.

The earlier convection has f'd up the low level wind fields. You can see almost a backdoor front going sw into Long Island. Return flow is se in CT. You can also see some anticyclonic turning of the cirrus on satellite.

The earlier convection has f'd up the low level wind fields. You can see almost a backdoor front going sw into Long Island. Return flow is se in CT. You can also see some anticyclonic turning of the cirrus on satellite.

If the low-level wind field was about 10 knots stronger this could really have made things a bit more interesting with the potential for rotating storms. I still wouldn't be totally shocked though if early on at least, or ahead of the main line we saw some discrete cells try to form but I would think given the wind alignment they would quickly become more linear.

Something like today actually occurred last July 21st, the synoptic setup is much different but we had a good deal of morning stuff roll through and it really screwed with the low-level wind fields...we then saw 4 small tornadoes in CT later on.

MODERATE RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

mcd1152.gif

Well at least there's this.....I'm Playing by myself waiting on four grandpas who insist on following each other around the course so they can discuss the next shooty shot.... :axe: .....won't even wave me through.....

So at least I can follow the threat from the course....actually pretty nice out here....not as hot as I thought with s nice breeze....super juicy though....like spc new thoughts....enjoying reading you guys discuss

Well at least there's this.....I'm Playing by myself waiting on four grandpas who insist on following each other around the course so they can discuss the next shooty shot.... :axe: .....won't even wave me through.....

So at least I can follow the threat from the course....actually pretty nice out here....not as hot as I thought with s nice breeze....super juicy though....like spc new thoughts....enjoying reading you guys discuss

The gulf course can offer great views to the north/west.

They won't let you play through?

Archived