• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell ya....having these lapse rates just seems to make the light show more intense. I'll never forget the lightning I had last week.

super-charged. you think of these big fat 3000+ cape profiles and the resultant max uvv...all the crazy ion interactions going on up there. beats our typical crap elevated garbage and marginal profiles.

yeah i could see that stuff from here when it was up by you.

LOL, true weenie frozen precip.

I had never seen this sized hail here at my house.

In Foxboro in the mid 1980s I saw nickels and in 2008 on the Mass Pike I saw nickels twice within a half hour (2 lines)

We have a gazebo screen house thing on my deck that was covered pretty good a few minutes ago. Some accum on the grass. 1-3" with lollis to 5"

I had never seen this sized hail here at my house.

In Foxboro in the mid 1980s I saw nickels and in 2008 on the Mass Pike I saw nickels twice within a half hour (2 lines)

We have a gazebo screen house thing on my deck that was covered pretty good a few minutes ago. Some accum on the grass. 1-3" with lollis to 5"

:lol:

Nice Chris, are you just standing with finger at the ready for a shot like that or some other method?

Just trying to time it. I just realized I should be using burst mode to at least grab 4 or 5 frames in a row. Duh.

edit: took some nice video but I need to edit out the down time before I post it to You Tube.

super-charged. you think of these big fat 3000+ cape profiles and the resultant max uvv...all the crazy ion interactions going on up there. beats our typical crap elevated garbage and marginal profiles.

yeah i could see that stuff from here when it was up by you.

You might have a decent chance tomorrow.

You might have a decent chance tomorrow.

Even watching the Eastern Mass lightshow on TV last week was truly impressive. WCVB had a shot duing the Gov's press conf. by the tv towers in Needham that was just strobe city.

I just read in our local paper that some baby lambs were fried by lightning over in Templeton last week

Archived