• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

Yea, I lurk those threads. God forbid you say something in there though. LOL.

Should make for an interesting week either way.

233014W5_NL_sm.gif

I should say so....

The interesting thing about Emily will be its ability to hold together after passing near Hispaniola... Either way, with ridging forecast to strengthen the next few days in the western Atlantic, it's going to be interesting to see Emily's ultimate fate...

Personally, I think Emily will miss Hispaniola just to the south (may make landfall in Haiti which they don't need...) and then ride up towards Florida... from there it's all a guessing game for now. It's time for the hurricane season to get crankin.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 5-day track forecast is a little unnerving. I've never experienced anything more than a tropical depression. The odds of it actually hitting South Florida are quite slim, but I'm not taking any chances and I will be stocking up on nonperishable food and water if the track is similar at this time tomorrow.

I wish the best for everyone in Haiti as well.

That 5-day track forecast is a little unnerving. I've never experienced anything more than a tropical depression. The odds of it actually hitting South Florida are quite slim, but I'm not taking any chances and I will be stocking up on nonperishable food and water if the track is similar at this time tomorrow.

I wish the best for everyone in Haiti as well.

Understood and agreed ... all this initial 5 day track tells me is to have both eyes on this for at least the next 48.

With each run the models move more and more to the right. Very early but looks like a fish.:(

I am really hoping for some kind of TS this weekend.

It's still early. Anything can happen.

My forecast says tropical storm conditions possible for Saturday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Fort+Lauderdale&state=FL&site=MFL&textField1=26.1425&textField2=-80.1395&e=0

Even if it misses to the east we can still see some wind/rain.

Maybe some wind but very little rain. I would think you would have to live on the coast to see any precip. But, as has been mentioned here before, who the hell knows.:P Anticipating the 5PM.

Maybe some wind but very little rain. I would think you would have to live on the coast to see any precip. But, as has been mentioned here before, who the hell knows.:P Anticipating the 5PM.

Yea I'm right on the coast so that's why I still hold hope. LOL.

Based on the current forecast I think you will be hard pressed to find any adverse weather except for maybe the immediate coast. We just don't tend to get heavy weather when we are on the west side of a northerly moving cyclone.

Based on the current forecast I think you will be hard pressed to find any adverse weather except for maybe the immediate coast. We just don't tend to get heavy weather when we are on the west side of a northerly moving cyclone.

Agreed, If current guidance verifies it will be business as usual up and down the east coast minus marine traffic or unexpected major developement. Think Nicole :yikes:

Surprise! A tornado touched down in the Tamarac area in Broward County, good times for rush hour.

http://miami.cbsloca...entral-broward/

Interesting. Seems to have been spawned by an unusual storm cell, with the mesocyclone to the north and the strongest downdraft to the south!

I guess it's not surprising to get some weird structures when sea breezes interact with outflow boundaries.

post-378-0-28888600-1312322408.png

I just had the second real TOAD STRANGLER in my nearly two years in FL. Rain gauge says 2.75 inches but there were 35+ gusts so I don't know for sure. All of this in 1.25 hours with heavy ponding in spots that have happened just twice time in my two years. This combined with a nice .75 three days ago continues the pattern of exceptional drought alleviation thumbsupsmileyanim.gif.

east west east west east west laugh.gif

and where in the HELL is flwxwatcher at a time like this? unsure.gif Hopefully on a tour of Europe or something.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Emily was staggering drunk out of a bar. LOL.

I was wondering about Flwxwatcher too.

That tornado - ahem... Literally my back yard. It skipped, hopped, and jumped across my apt complex from the SW to the NE. Several trees down (at least a dozen), 1 car got a nice blast of something as the windshield is busted in (not mine), my patio furniture and barbecue were all over the place (still cannot find my camping table, it was light - canvas pop up kinda thing, it was basically a sail - might be up in a tree or in the canal). Lost a tiny piece of siding. Neighbors have no water, other neighbors no electricity. Sidewalk came up from the roots as the trees fell. I do not believe anybody was hurt though!!!!

and icebreaker5221 springs RED TAG on us thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had a "feeling"

Hahaha. Not sure why I didn't get it before, just never bothered.

I go through phases. Sometimes I'm a complete weenie, some times I can be quite technical (but still a weenie). :P

That tornado - ahem... Literally my back yard. It skipped, hopped, and jumped across my apt complex from the SW to the NE. Several trees down (at least a dozen), 1 car got a nice blast of something as the windshield is busted in (not mine), my patio furniture and barbecue were all over the place (still cannot find my camping table, it was light - canvas pop up kinda thing, it was basically a sail - might be up in a tree or in the canal). Lost a tiny piece of siding. Neighbors have no water, other neighbors no electricity. Sidewalk came up from the roots as the trees fell. I do not believe anybody was hurt though!!!!

Wow, that's pretty exciting! Glad you're ok!

P.S. nice round of boomers heading thru W. Broward as we speak.

000 NWUS52 KMFL 030226 LSRMFL PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL 1026 PM EDT TUE AUG 02 2011 ..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON... ..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS.. 0503 PM TORNADO 2 E TAMARAC 26.21N 80.24W 08/02/2011 BROWARD FL NWS STORM SURVEY TORNADO WITH ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WINDS OF 85-90 MPH, OR ON VERY LOW END OF EF1 SCALE, MOVED THROUGH PORTIONS OF TAMARAC AND NORTH LAUDERDALE NORTH OF MCNAB RD AND EAST OF UNIVERSITY DR. PATH LENGTH 1 MILE AND MAX PATH WIDTH 90 YARDS. MOST DAMAGE TO ROOFING MATERIAL AND VEGETATION, WITH A ROOF PARTIALLY PEELED OFF ONE HOME AND FRAME WINDOWS BROKEN AND BLOWN FROM A COUPLE OTHERS. && $$ MOLLEDA

Archived