BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Florida 2011 Spring & Summer Wet Season Part II

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, fish!

Sigh. so close but yet so far.. Since it looks like TD 2 won't visit , I will start the hype on a possible next system :lol:

A strong wave has just emerged off Africa and it looks like it's this wave the EURO brings into the SE Gulf and devlopes in the 9-10 range.:guitar:

These storms down here are insane! Massive amounts of lightning, wind constantly changing direction, blinding rain, yikes! :lightning:

Things just got wild in my neck of the woods too, big storm moved right out of the Everglades. It appears sea breezes, outflow boundaries, and the outermost bands of TD 2 are combining to whallop SE FL right now.

Looks like we get an upgrade on 98L at 5 PM.. I have a sinking feeling though 98L is going to get pulled away from Florida after 24 hours or so.. Turtle, what's your thoughts on track?? Think it can hang around and get steered by the Plains High and get sent back towards Florida??

I'm gonna wait for the 00z model suite to decide, that'll be the first one with reconnaissance data in it.

Things just got wild in my neck of the woods too, big storm moved right out of the Everglades. It appears sea breezes, outflow boundaries, and the outermost bands of TD 2 are combining to whallop SE FL right now.

While I am pouting over no action here in Central Florida, I am glad SFL is getting some much needed rain.. Enjoy your storms!!!

While I am pouting over no action here in Central Florida, I am glad SFL is getting some much needed rain.. Enjoy your storms!!!

Incredible amounts of lightning from this storm. Lots of Spider Lightning continuing even though the rain has calmed down. This is the first time since I moved to Florida that a storm put on a lightning display comparable with a good Midwestern MCS.

Incredible amounts of lightning from this storm. Lots of Spider Lightning continuing even though the rain has calmed down. This is the first time since I moved to Florida that a storm put on a lightning display comparable with a good Midwestern MCS.

Now I am really pouting!!!:lol:

Enjoy!!!

Bret providing some relatively cool weather to the region today. High's maxing out at 90 but get ready for tonight. Some areas in Central Florida could get to below 70 tonight. Snowman.gifSnowman.gifSnowman.gif Don't think we will see any record lows but it will be a nice treat nonetheless.

Orlando has not had a low below 70 since June 12.

Bret providing some relatively cool weather to the region today. High's maxing out at 90 but get ready for tonight. Some areas in Central Florida could get to below 70 tonight. Snowman.gifSnowman.gifSnowman.gif Don't think we will see any record lows but it will be a nice treat nonetheless.

Ah, good ole north winds. It's funny how we can only get those from a TC this time of year.

Bret is also bringing some rain to the West Palm Beach area, nice outer band sitting over the coast there, likely being enhanced by coastal convergence.

I can tell the difference just by stepping out this morning. Looks like Brett will provide us some drier days this week in Central Florida.. Go away Bret.:lol:

I can tell the difference just by stepping out this morning. Looks like Brett will provide us some drier days this week in Central Florida.. Go away Bret.:lol:

Hit 69 this morning. Much drier air mass that's for sure. I agree, go away Brett, or better yet turn left.:D

Pretty good storms rolling through Broward and Dade, the one over me is at toad strangler level.

Went from dry to a deluge in less than 20 seconds. It was funny to hear the screams of people outside who apparently do not obsessively follow the radar images in the summer.

quite fun to have the seasons # 2 spin up a little on our doorstep and do nothing for FL besides give us a hint of late fall laugh.gif (Besides our friends in extreme SF) banned.gif

quite fun to have the seasons # 2 spin up a little on our doorstep and do nothing for FL besides give us a hint of late fall laugh.gif (Besides our friends in extreme SF) banned.gif

Glad SFL got some much needed rain but I can do without anymore of this late fall like weather until late fall.:lol:

Yea I don't get how people didn't know a hurricane/TS was nearby before there was radar. It is so obvious, IMO. There are so many signs.

Since the weather looks to be rather boring the next few days , I will do some hyping.:lol:

The EURO is still hinting that the strong TW near 35W might become a player in the long range. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That blob north of PR looks nice also.

65 degrees this morning. Not quite brr but dayam!

That blob north of PR looks nice also.

65 degrees this morning. Not quite brr but dayam!

The thing North of PR is a tropical wave interacting with an Upper Low. Interesting to see what it looks like once it gets past the ULL.

As for the 65 Degree morning low, I have had enough of this cold snap for now.:lol:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/loop-wv.html

Archived