Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the repost fox, lmao..if you are being sarcastic you should know we are all joking around and having fun w/o posts getting deleting left and right.

http://twitpic.com/6avdhh

:thumbsup:

Actually, I agreed with you but just wanted to be more specific to indicate it was the latest GFS positions that were closer to the coast. I had technical issues with my iPad and had to switch to my laptop :).

Actually, I agreed with you but just wanted to be more specific to indicate it was the latest GFS positions that were closer to the coast. I had technical issues with my iPad and had to switch to my laptop :).

oh, :thumbsup:

how bout that gfs..Probably a disaster scenario for the jersey coast and NYC. Not good. GFS bows to the euro

I wanna break a new wind speed record on my VP2. My highest wind gust in about the 4 years I've had it is only 35 mph... too many trees around... this is the opportunity to break the record

My highest is 63 MPH, figure about 35 feet up on the roof, that sucker should see over 80 MPH if Irene hits head on here on LI.

Tracking this storm is cool but also scary. with a snowstorm you can sit inside and chill, no real damage will happen, so you route for the big one. With a hurricane your house could be destroyed, a tree could fall on it, tornado could hit it, people can die. So while this is cool, im also scared...living on long island in nassau right in the path...ugh.

so...when should we start preparing??? I mean...it does look like we are screwed now...should we board up windows for this??

Get a good night sleep and see what we say tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, it never hurts to be prepared with extra batteries, candles, portable radio, flashlight, first aid kit, medicines and extra food, bottled water, and a good book to read...

Whether this makes landfall as a cat 1 or 2, I think a lot of the general public is in for a rude awakening as far as the amount of damage that can be caused when you have a large hurricane taking dead aim on such a highly populated area. I'm a little jealous of the conditions that you guys will probably experience but not jealous of what you'll be going through afterwards. Stay safe everyone.

Whether this makes landfall as a cat 1 or 2, I think a lot of the general public is in for a rude awakening as far as the amount of damage that can be caused when you have a large hurricane taking dead aim on such a highly populated area. I'm a little jealous of the conditions that you guys will probably experience but not jealous of what you'll be going through afterwards. Stay safe everyone.

Very true & thank you!

and always have a portable radio, extra batteries, candles, bottled water, extra food, first aid kit, medicine, flashlight, full tank of gas, etc, etc to whether the after effects of the storm..

Archived