• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
New Peer Reviewed Analysis: "Worldwide Temperature Increase has not Produced Acceleration of Global Sea Level Rise"

BethesdaWX

Only in the very early part of it. I don't see much evidence that sea level rise has been accelerating at all since the 1920s.

I'd say no acceleration since 1930. I'd guess if you select start points between the late 20s and early 40s you find no acceleration. Then if you select start points from the early 40s to the early 80s you find acceleration. and if you select start points prior to the late 20s, you find acceleration. Anyways, this seems rather nitpicky to me since my only expectation is a general rise and eventual acceleration.

Most of the mass gain to this point has been from glaciers I believe.. which were quite extensive during the LIA but are now much smaller globally. We have much less glacier area available to melt.. so from that factor alone we should expect decceleration. The large ice sheets are only just beginning to melt.

We also have seen very little acceleration in surface air temperature, or net radiative forcing, thus far.

Archived