Monty
March 22-23 OBS/Disco

nzucker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+SNPL

32.4/32

Intense mix of snow and graupel/sleet falling right now. Coating all surfaces and becoming slippery. Definitely numerous flakes dancing in the street lamp but not all snow. This storm is extremely strange.

30.5 up this way. Precip. flipping between large flakes and ice pellets. Have 1" on grassy surfaces so far today. The radar out in central Pa has that blob sliding east with a slight southerly slide to it. It looks like the heavy stuff might slide along I-78 from Allentown, Pa. into NJ.

Man - if that heavy precip in PA holds together and comes through here frozen...look out. Been working and haven't looked at any weather sites in several hours - is that giant blob of 35+ DBZ precip going to make it here? Frozen (northern Middlesex county)? Anyone? Gotta run to do a college recruiting seminar at RU - maybe I'll find out by the time I get back....

Rain/sleet continues here. When a heavy echo went through a little while ago, it went over to mostly sleet. Now more rain. What a waste of QPF this storm is, but I knew we'd have temp problems. It's late March though, so we have to consider any snow we get a bonus. The coating of snow early this morning looked great on the trees.

Archived